Auto Transmission Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

murray195

Hello, my motor on my 2000 Civic Si recently blew and I just finished swapping in a D15B with a D16z6 head and D16y8 intake manifold. The engine runs great but the auto trans is acting up. The speedometer no longer works, the car is extremely sluggish (like its starting in 3rd gear or something, and I'm getting code 1 for lock-up solenoid. The linear solenoid's connector got damaged during the motor/tranny extraction, so I went to the local scrap yard and grabbed a replacement. I really don't know what to do... it's got to be something simple because I doubt the VSS, lock-up solenoid, and linear solenoid all went at once just because the motor was swapped out! Please help!

The automatic transmission is a common fault found in hondas, somewhere in the manufacturing process, something goes awry, and many hondas actually end up automatics. Its a horrible oversight, and you'd thing they'd fail final inspection, but apparently honda just turns a blind eye to such epic mistakes. The honda waranty classifies the automatic transmission error as "normal" and thus does not cover such faults. The aftermarket, as well as many clever fellows, have come up with information and how-to's to correct said issue in a DIY enviornment.

Back