Auto-x wheel suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigglzrd69

Hey im just getting into auto-x...got an 84 crx 1500cc manual trans..its a turd but im looking for some wheel and tire sizes that will handle well and not rub...17's fit if you wanna drag the local main street...but im thinking more along the lines of 14's or 15's..any ideas?

Wheel size is a huge issue for autoX.

What class are you planning to participate in, as that will ultimately limit your size ranges.

failed to mention i really know nothing about it....will mostly be driving small courses/parking lots....lots of fast turns and acceleration/stopping

If you change your stock rim size you'll get bumped up a class. If you read the SCCA Solo2 handbook it outlines what is legal for each class. Unless 14's were a factory option, you're going to need to go out and find some 13's (pretty hard to do, they're rare and usually ugly) to slap on there. I'm not sure about what the rules say about width, although I can tell you, you won't gain any time by slapping really wide tires on a stock CRX.

Back