Autocrossing this weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 18 2003, 12:54 PM
at least till he rolls it..... :p

interesting how the car i replaced it with was faster, and i never hit or ran into anything besides cones on the autox course!! B)

i think i can handle this little beast. its not fast, but its so much fun to drive! :ph34r:

clay: yea, if you wanna buy me one. ill be fine ;)

Ohhh Chip....

Thanks for the hint that shaved 2-3 seconds off my time... :thumbsup:

But I doubt that it will work with my new set-up.....the turbo stole my bottom end torque... :(

No problem, Clayton. And happy birthday to your bride!

Sorry to hear about the low end torque issues. Are you bringing the crx to Bristol on the 28th?

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX+Sep 19 2003, 03:45 AM-->
@Sep 18 2003, 12:54 PM
at least till he rolls it..... :p

interesting how the car i replaced it with was faster, and i never hit or ran into anything besides cones on the autox course!! B)

i think i can handle this little beast. its not fast, but its so much fun to drive! :ph34r:

clay: yea, if you wanna buy me one. ill be fine ;)

dude, you could figure out how to roll a plate of chinese food given enough time......

since you can't roll a plate over while it is sitting flat on a table and.....you know what? wht am I explaing this? Its pretty self explanatory......

gotcha. i had just awoke so i was in my daze....

id eat the food then flip the plate over. :D

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 19 2003, 09:14 AM
dude, you could figure out how to roll a plate of chinese food given enough time......

So Chris has some mad skills dude. He just may have a future as a stuntcar driver... after all, he survived his rollover completely intact, and that despite not wearing his seatbelt (very bad Chris!). And I do let him drive my Si at autocross, and with nary a spinout or 2 (or even 3) wheeler so far... so all's good on that front. :D

Wow... and women are alreadys blamed for having a memory like as elephant and not letting go of shit. :p B)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Sep 19 2003, 09:16 AM-->
@Sep 19 2003, 09:14 AM

So Chris has some mad skills dude. He just may have a future as a stuntcar driver... after all, he survived his rollover completely intact, and that despite not wearing his seatbelt (very bad Chris!). And I do let him drive my Si at autocross, and with nary a spinout or 2 (or even 3) wheeler so far... so all's good on that front. :D

i dont think ive plowed any cones either. so close to beating clayton... but hes always got that one-up on me... the nittos... now the turbo.... running scared, i see!!!

Chip...it will be there the 28th....but me and chris just ran into a wheel difficulty.....a company shipped me a rim, and it's silver and not bronze...and chris was going to race on the bronze konig heliums, with Azenis's on them. While I finish burning off what left of those nitto's on his rims....and join us next time on "as the autocrossworld turns"

this is fucking bullshit... i cant believe they fucked up. if i dont have rims ill just race my favorite EG if she lets me B) too bad you dont have a set of 14's, and i dont have 2 extra azenis....

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 19 2003, 11:07 AM
if i dont have rims ill just race my favorite EG if she lets me B)

Mi EG, su EG... I've told you that many times. :)

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Sep 19 2003, 05:37 PM
fast as fast can be . . . you'll never catch me . hehehe

I think you have some new competition.....I ....errr....wellll.....nevermind....some of you guys will see it sunday. Somebody is going to see it saturday...and everyone autocrossing on the 28th is going to see something...either I blow up my car, or I get FTD.......one or the other...I have built a monster....Even I am scared. I just installed a boost gage...and got 0 psi.....O....00000000.00000000 PSI.........

Then it dawned on me....I was overcoming the vacuum caused but the pistons...which should be around -14 psi on an aircraft engine...and -20 psi on car engines......at idle....I am sitting at -20.....I re-adjusted the wastegate..added 3 washers.....bent the hell out of the actuator rod....and took it for a drive. I pissed my pants. the guage didn't even get to +1.........and I was already doing 60MPH with the boost whiring up at 1000 rpms.......I have got to do more research, get help, and fine tune this beast before I even take it on the road. It really scared me......and I enjoyed it. All those minor mods that I have done.....nothing even compares......I want to go for 7 PSI...but I cant even see 1 psi...and the car is a rocket. I think that even the best driver couldn't handle this car.......I can't even handle it...and I have been building it and driving it since 1999......five years in the making...and WOW......I've built a fuawken monster. When steve drove it he thought it was fast, when I gave martine a ride, she thought it was fast.....welll.. from those rides guys......quadriple the force and speed......I have a feeling that the butt dyno tells me I hit 160HP in a 1640 lb car....

I might need to find a driver that can handle this car on the autocross course....I fear even I can't handle it anymore.....I maxed it out once, and a 25 year autocross FWD veteran drove it and got the same times I did...but now...this is different.....WAY different. This car will not see those tight courses it was used to...it needs those long courses like Bristol.

/wiping shit stains from pants.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 19 2003, 07:15 PM
and WOW......I've built a fuawken monster. When steve drove it he thought it was fast, when I gave martine a ride, she thought it was fast.....welll.. from those rides guys......quadriple the force and speed......I have a feeling that the butt dyno tells me I hit 160HP in a 1640 lb car....

:eek:

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Sep 19 2003, 07:27 PM
with your new mod you should be bumped into DM with me and E . .. i'm ready for ya

The next Bristol meet should be really exciting to watch. I hope that someone takes some vids of the runs!

Back