Autocrossing this weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ill have my cam ready, and clayton... i think i could handle your car on the course. i want to drive it so bad! ive never driven a turbo besides the wrx and srt-4...

lol- yeah that guy was pathetic. Hell, I think even E turned in a better time than him. lol j/k

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Sep 20 2003, 03:13 PM
turbo + autocross = slow

last event there was a 2.1l turbo on 7-8psi integra that barely beat this dude :snail:

Well it's seems with autocrossing that having good driving skills is the most important thing*... and that's what I'm concentrating on. Just learning the best lines to take, as apexing does not come naturally to me. After that though, having more hp would be helpful. So wouldn't a turbo'd car combined with following the right lines on the course be a good thing? :huh:

*I'm getting better at staying on course...

just as bill and brian said, a slower car is capable of beating a much faster car... we'll see what the rage can do. i dont even expect to get a better time than you. :lol:

we will have fun though.

the driving class this morning/afternoon was so hysterical!!! i cant wait to do it again after 2 more tickets!! just kidding. but it was fun, and i did learn a bunch!!!

every point above a 15, results in a 7 percent increase in your insurance... im at a 24, so go figure. :blink:

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 20 2003, 04:39 PM
just as bill and brian said, a slower car is capable of beating a much faster car... we'll see what the rage can do. i dont even expect to get a better time than you. :lol:

Thanks, I think. lol :D

we will have fun though.

Yes. That's the most important thing. I don't even care about the accrued points. I am only there to compete against myself. :)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Sep 19 2003, 06:52 PM-->
wildbillhatchbac
@Sep 19 2003, 07:27 PM
with your new mod you should be bumped into DM with me and E . .. i'm ready for ya

The next Bristol meet should be really exciting to watch. I hope that someone takes some vids of the runs!

I hope someone takes vids of me blowing my engine up......that would be cool. I prolly will end up in a tougher catagory....but....I really think I got this thing going good. Last night I drove it to work, and at 500 rpm's...the turbo is already spoolin and putting boost to it. I didn't get a reading on the boost guage of actual PSI above ambieant pressure...because I hooked it up to the line that had all the friggen check valves on....so duhhhhh.... :unsure: but, I will reconnect it up to the FPR, and try to tune it from there. But I know after I get it to stop stumbling at 2000-3000...it just wants to pull and pull. So much shit is happening, I might need a navigator to just watch all the friggen guages while I try to stay on the road.....and this is my set-up....I can only imagine what B is going to do with his set up when he finishes it.

we'll get it next weekend if you havent gotten it figured out already.

ill drive, and you play with the gauges!! :p

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 20 2003, 05:01 PM
we arent members. no points for us. :ph34r:

I know, what I meant was, for a while, I really don't care about anyone else's times or standings. If I go for more agressive runs because of what everyone else is doing, I'll just develop bad driving habits. I am just trying to think SMOOTH and slow in and fast out. lol.

I really need more seat time at Waterbury. Their courses are smaller and much more technical. On a long course like Bristol, my poor driving is greatly magnified ... :(

This just in!!!!!!....I cought a glimps of the needle bouncing at 8 PSI....WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO.......and the extra check valves seem to have smoothed everything out.....not I got to play with the mixture a little,,,and be boosting happily.....oh...and got the intercooler on, and got the charge tube solid as a rock...the only thing I don't have is a tube with a flange on it for the blow-off valve...I'll prolly get one off ebay or if some one has one they want to get rid of...it needs to be around a 2" pipe.

I'm calling it a night, I got to go to work in a few hours...gotta make that mad double time....hehe.

But when I get off work in the morning it is time to re-assemble the rex.

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Sep 21 2003, 09:58 AM
and about HP and auto x

when i had my 70hp cx motor and suspension i was beatin cars with 190hp :lol:

velocity cars own

Practice makes perfect then? So I've heard that you only live 10 minutes away from the Bristol meet location. Lucky bastard! It's 110 miles away for me. :(

Back