Automatic B16 in EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93Fury

Ive been searching for hours trying to find a good write up or just some info on an auto swap in a 93 hatch. I found 2 things. One says cut the frame the other says bolt in. Bullshit. I got a 2nd hatch 93 dx auto and have a B16 motor with no use. I may get an auto JDM gsr tranny for it and wanted to put it in. Fun daily driver. Whats involved in this? Anyone here ever tried it?
Thx

if you're doing a motor swap its REAL easy to convert from auto to manual while the motor and tranny are out...

i wouldn't waste my time doing a B16 auto swap into anything...

Ive already got a b18 hatch along with a 98 gsr, both stick. I want to try something diffrent. I know im going to regret this :)

search around. a guy here a while ago did this. i think his name was nuc79, and his brother niblecivic.

you can probably find an auto b16 tranny for cheap.. nobody wants them.. i heard it isnt that bad

good luck findin one, i have 1 and know theyre rare because they werent sold here auto and most people dont use them, its up for sale if u want it

if you call hmotors and ask them i'm sure they might have one..

what do you do about the wiring? do you use anything but the speed senser?

You use back your old harness but you have the wire couple things up. If you could get a complete un cut harness you could salvage those wires to use on your old one.

I have a complete harness off both cars. which plugs are necessary? seems like the a&b lock up solenoids also the vss are mandatory. but are the other three required to opperate the trans.properly?

No no no.

You need an auto tranny from a 2nd generation Integra. The 94+ Integra tranny's are fully electronic. The 92-95 Civic autos and the 91-93 Integras only have lock up solenoids controlled by a TCM.

I have a rebuilt, zero miles JDM B16 auto tranny. It is the second of two that my friend rebuilt while attending Rio Hondo. He had heard that Honda auto tranny's are weak, but found out that they could handle a moderate amount of boost and never had any need for this spare tranny. Since then he bought an Audi and gave me all his Honda stuff. Originally I was going to swap a B into my EG with this trans but now I've ended up with a turbo Y5 mini me. If you're in San Diego you can hit me up for this tranny.

No.. I have a JDM b16A 2nd gen that came with a B series auto with it. i need to know what trans mount to use because i used back civic and had to cut to fit but im not liking this.

Back