Automatic Ls In An Automatic 98 Civic Ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepester

I just got an automatic 98 Honda Civic EX for $2400. It runs fine, and it has 65,000 miles on it.
I heard theres an automatic LS engine. I dont want to go through all the work of turning my automatic into a manual. The LS is a cheap motor, and I got my car cheap, so I think Im going to keep going with the cheap idea.

Im thinking swap the automatic LS and turbo it... thats an LS/T right?

Im not looking for anything really fast. Im looking to beat 3 cars.
1. 250 HP 1995 Ford Tauras SHO.... it beat my stock 94 Civic EX Vtec by A LOT
2. 2002 Grand Am GT w/ Ram Air
3. 1994 Mustang GT with a K&N Filter and CAI

Will that Automatic LS/T do it for me? If not what do I need to do?

I dont want to take anything out of my car. Infact, Im adding a body kit.
Im a really big noob.
You guys can get ahold of me on msn: thepester_@homtail.com or aim: nofxaregod please do so I can talk to somebody 1 on 1 instead of post, wait, post, wait....

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 18 2003, 12:43 AM

Im a really big noob.

isn't that for sure.

go to stupid honda.com

pissedoffsol you yell at me double posting, because why? .. because its annoying... well reading your dumbass remarks doesn't help me and its annoying. take some of your own advice and dont say anything unless you have something useful to say. Whats Honda.com going to show me? The 2003 models and thats it.

We are assholes here, we tell you the truth, not what you wanna hear--if you don't like it leave. I've read your posts (all 10 of them), and they all are the same fucking thing, with like a difference of 3 words. 1st, if you got a 98 EX for 2400, it was either stolen, or wrecked. Putting in an LS is the next best thing to selling it for 6k, and finding a 5 speed. Boosting it is not, for the simple fact that automatic trannies suck for boost. This dosent mean it can't be done, becuase it can, and has. All the cars you listed are slow, heavy pieces of shit, I think a Z6 with bolt ons would take those.

except a z6 w/ bolt ons wouldn't take the mustang or the SHO.

It would cost a lot more to keep the auto than convert. Go to www.darksol.com and ask Autosol about it.
Just boost your Civic till you blow the tranny. Then you'll have a reason to go B series and swap to a manual.

Im keeping the Automatic
My uncle whos been working on cars his whole life said that I wouldn't want to change it to a manual, and that all I have to do to put the GSR motor I want in, is change the flywheel, and use the transmission from the stock motor. Sounds a lot easier then having to cut a bunch of shit. When I asked him about racing, he said Ill never be able to shift as fast as an automatic. It will all be alright in the end.

I think I decided what Im going to do now forsure.
GSR bottom with b16cc head and turbo it. I can get the GSR bottom and b16cc head from the russians for 1000 bucks. That will beat them damn mustangs, grand ams, and tauras sho's. Right?

I looked at the inside of my 98 Civic EX today, and I dont like the inside as much as my 94 Civic EX... can I take the seats from my 94 Civic EX and bolt them right into my 98? Also... I have a cloth roof and I dont want it cloth, I want it vinyl, or leather, or whatever the rest of inside is, can I do that too?

The Civic tranny will not work with a B series motor. And when you put the automatic from an integra in you will have to rewire your car to work with the teg auto tranny. It's easy to change to a Manual, why wouldn't you want to???? The Auto trannies are not made to be driven hard and will break when you race it.

Who cares how long someone has been working on cars. Cars and Honda's are different!

I want to change to a manual, but my fucking dad wont let me. He says if your going to get a manual, buy a manual, dont get an automatic and make it a manual. If somebody wanted to sell you an automatic 98 Honda Civic EX with 65,000 miles, nothing wrong with it... wouldn't you buy it? Thats why I got the automatic. I really really want to change it to a manual, but I have no clue what you need to change it to a manual. If I had a 97 Civic EX 5 speed, what else would I need to change it over? Im worried about the computer crap too, I dont know what I need as far as computer crap to change it over to a manual either. Anyone know?

step by step instructions:

1- sell your slushbox civic
2- use the money you get for it to purchace a gun
3- use left over money to purchace a scrip of 40mg oxycontin (20 pills at least)
4- get a large bottle of bacardi 151
5- go to your room and lock the door (put something large in front of it so it cant be easily opened)
6- swallow the oxycontins (wash them down with the 151)
7- place gun in your mouth
8- pull trigger
9- fall over dead
10- never post dumb ass questions again

note: if steps 7 and 8 fail to work you will still be covered by step 6

:ufucktard:

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 18 2003, 07:13 PM
I think I decided what Im going to do now forsure.
GSR bottom with b16cc head and turbo it. I can get the GSR bottom and b16cc head from the russians for 1000 bucks.

Russian Domestic Market b16cc owns j000!

:fr:

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 18 2003, 07:13 PM
When I asked him about racing, he said Ill never be able to shift as fast as an automatic. It will all be alright in the end.

oh i give up....
s3e7814fed3da9.jpg

LMFAO!! :lol: thats a great pic!

id offer some help but this is over my head. sowwy. had to give props to that pic!

well after you buy some crazy shiat from the russians, you can ask your all knowing uncle about the power robbing effects of a torque converter. Your uncle probably just doesn't want you to have a manual because he knows your a fucking clown who probably can't even drive a standard. He wants you to spare the humilitation and stay with an auto. It's tough love man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back