automatic racing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:)

That's fine, and you're welcome. Just make sure you're sure about stuff when you post.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 22 2003, 10:31 AM
....you start the car moving with the engine already in the power band where your torque converter's stall speed is.

its in the power band if you were a smartie and matched the stall speed on the converter to your cams or the other way around.

factor converter will spin the wheels at what, 2k rpm? and honda cams get good at 4.5k+.

Yeah, that takes a good bit of money though. Replacing torque converters with upgraded aftermarket units isn't cheap, and then you have to worry about the transmission itself holding up.

The factory converter stalls at 2k to 2.5k, depending on what car you're driving.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 22 2003, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that takes a good bit of money though. Replacing torque converters with upgraded aftermarket units isn't cheap, and then you have to worry about the transmission itself holding up.

The factory converter stalls at 2k to 2.5k, depending on what car you're driving.

yup, and a lot of the TCs i've seen only raise you stall 100-300 rpms

for a honda maybe :D Marc (a friend of mine) has a 4K in his silverado.. i need to get the video of his wasting a GST one night.

ZEX has a torque converter through TCI that has a stall rate of 3000 and I planning to get this so when I do ill post the difference

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 22 2003, 07:58 PM
for a honda maybe :D Marc (a friend of mine) has a 4K in his silverado.. i need to get the video of his wasting a GST one night.

haha, i know that's why i posted "brake torquing in an LS1 = heaven"

I would get a higher stall than 3000 if you're going to race a Honda automatic.

i have a auto h23 with a level ten tranny and stall it eats up alot of you 5sp people who cant drive, and hangs with most that can. And if i dont hang i just call on my friend n20 and he is always there for me

to the secondary question in the origingal question

the tourque converter is basically a replacement for using the clutch to engage a gear (sort of like a clutch/pressureplate sandwhich)

am i wrong
if so somebody say something

what the hell do i know im just a 17 year old kid

Originally posted by yearnin' for info@Aug 14 2003, 02:34 AM
to the secondary question in the origingal question

the tourque converter is basically a replacement for using the clutch to engage a gear (sort of like a clutch/pressureplate sandwhich)

am i wrong
if so somebody say something

what the hell do i know im just a 17 year old kid

some what

a torque converter is what an auto car has
a clutch is what a manuel car has

Back