Automatic shifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

There is a lot of talk about auto's lately and I was wondering on a regular automatic can you sift it like a tiptronic type?

ie Start in D2 or L whatever, go throughout RPM's shift to D3, then D4

would this hurt the tranny?

any gains out of this?

only advantage is makeing the engine rev out to a higher RPM

still gunna have that shitty slushbox shift though

If you want to drive it like a manual, make it a 5 speed. youll tear the shit out of an automaitic. thats how i burnt up my auto (when it still was an auto)

i have a friend who bought a 98 Kia, 2 months after buying it and manually shifting an automatic the transittion would no longer automatically shift. so now he has a tranny that wont shift on its own, and drives like sjit unless your going pretty much balls out. (balls out on a kia isnt really fast at all)

I wouldn't cuase my auto tranny blew, and it costed me 2 g's to fix it, with that much i could have a manuel installed.

My F22A auto has been connected to my H22A engine for a year. I almost always shift manually, otherwise the computer would shift transmission at 6200 rpms.

The transmission, like the chassis, has 224k, and I rod the piss out of it. I am not arguing that it doesn't shorten the life of the transmission, but it won't kill the tranny fast either.

The major downfall is trying to shift into D1 when >30mph. The computer will let you shift down, but not if it thinks you're going too fast. Part of this is having the wrong TCU.

Back