automatic to 5 speed trany swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cejota

i have a d16y7 motor on my 96 civic i did a trany swap from auto to 5 speed now the check eng light is on statin that i have transmision malfunctionin do i have 2 swap the ECU since is stil the auto one and put a 5 speed ECU in it please help my car wont pass inspection because of this issue

I have run it both ways, didn't see any difference and the check engine light did not come up once.
What is your transmission doing that makes you think it is malfunctioning?
Did you do the wiring yourself or did you have someone else do it?

i did not do any wiring on trany most of the plugs from the the auto trany fit the 5 speed it just that auto trany has more plugs than the 5 speed the and check engine light is on i took it 2 get it check out and the code state tha the transmision is malfunctionin

the transmision is in runin cond no problem at all everythin is ok with motor and trany its just that engine light is on with a malfunction transmision code but the car is ruinin dont now wat it could be

you need a 5 speed ecu ... the ecu you are using now is for an automatic so it is sending a signal to all of the sensors for an automatic trans and it is not getting a signal back there for it thinks there is somthing the matter get the ecu and you have to drive it for a lil while once you get it so it can run all of its ecu test, then it should pass safty and emissions if no emissions slap it in and get it tested

Back