Automatic to Manual transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

I'm swapping engines and was informed that in order to put a B-series engine into my car I need a tranny too. How hard would it be to convert from an automatic hydraulic to a manual hydraulic transmission. Would there be many extra parts not included in JDM swap kits needed to make this conversion?

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm swapping engines and was informed that in order to put a B-series engine into my car I need a tranny too. How hard would it be to convert from an automatic hydraulic to a manual hydraulic transmission. Would there be many extra parts not included in JDM swap kits needed to make this conversion?
yeah, you will need all the hydrolic lines and the clutch pedal. you can get away with just adding the clutch pedal and utilizing the auto brake pedal with it but i'd advise against it because the clutch will be so close to the brake. you'd be better off just getting the all the pedals/ pedal assembly, all the hydrolic lines, slave cylinder, and clutch master cyclinder.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, you will need all the hydrolic lines and the clutch pedal. you can get away with just adding the clutch pedal and utilizing the auto brake pedal with it but i'd advise against it because the clutch will be so close to the brake. you'd be better off just getting the all the pedals/ pedal assembly, all the hydrolic lines, slave cylinder, and clutch master cyclinder.

Would it be posible to just replace the brake pedal cover with a manual set from an auto store...would that involve too much fabrication

well you could take a grinder and cut off some of the auto brake pedal if you like but I would suggest replacing the auto pedal with a 5spd one.

stick w/OEM conversion parts. when i say that i mean parts from the same model same year and shit.

then, you could search honda-tech or even here about doing the auto-man.

New question for anyone who knows from experience. What wiring and shifter parts are needed to switch the transmissions. any cables, reverse light wires, speedometer cables, etc. are any of these or anything else needed when buying a JDM engine with:
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S21, Y21)
- ECU (P30)
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor