automatic to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acura1

love my DA
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be involved in changing a automatic da integra to a manual, i have a jdm b16a cable five speed motor and tranny, i have ecu shift linkage,tranny mount and pedals what else would i need?

thanks dick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he is a dick, but what he said is true. We have articles about this, and we've had many threads about it in the past. Run a search first, and if you can't find anything, then come back here and maybe somebody can write out a list for you.

Essentially you're just going to need EVERYTHING that would come in the manual transmission version of the car...

i agree with brutal.... even though i essentially asked the same question a few weeks ago...... feeling lame...

wanna know the easiest way? just buy a 5 speed car. for the price it's going to cost you even if you do the work yourself, it's not really worth it, you could just find one on craistlist for probably 800 or 1000

wanna know the easiest way? just buy a 5 speed car. for the price it's going to cost you even if you do the work yourself, it's not really worth it, you could just find one on craistlist for probably 800 or 1000

I tend to agree with this. We're talking about a nearly 20 year old economy car here. Unless you're just in love with the particular chassis that you already have, then just purchasing a manual-equipped car would be the smartest choice...

i agree with the buying an already manual equipped car.... but, say you already have all (or think you have all of them) the parts... flywheel, clutch, pedals, ecu, trans, shift linkage...... and got it all for under three hundred dollars.... what do you do then. say you already tried swapping out your automatic with another, and after just three weeks.... it's going dead too.... what then??? guys?

Then you make your own thread for your own problem. Better yet, you could just make a decision (oh god, decisions at 26?) and not take up space on the webservers. :p

that, sir.... sounds much too hard!!!! sorry for the wasting of time... is this still taking up space???

its funny how people think its easy to swap an automatic to a manual or vice versa...lol...not a fun job...i tried that awhile back, and said HELL NO!!!lol...good luck if u do it tho...find a da on crgslist thats has a standard trans...and do a swap...have fun

well, i started the swap.... evrything was going smoothly until i got to the part where i swap out the pedalset.... didn't have a holesaw to cut out the hole for the clutch cable..... car's been sitting there for three days now.... sucks.

Back