Automatic to manuel tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZX-666RR

Anyone done this???
I'm gonna attempt it in the spring, with the help from another civic.
Then installing an LS motor.
Figured even thinking of a motor swap would be dumb with an auto. :blink:

I have done it myself. First off if its a civic, then what year. If its a d series motor thats in there now you might as well wait until you put the ls in, because its a b series, and no there are no adapters to make a b series motor work on a d series. Unless you can make one.

manuel is a spanish dude. manual is a type of transmission.

you're going to have to have access to a welder to weld the tranny mount bracket onto the frame of the car. they are different positions between the auto and the manual.

Dude You Dont need to weld shit or get the mount off the frame rail from the donor car. If your car is a auto right now the tranny mount (passenger side engine bay mount) is 2 inches higher than it mount from a manual civic. You can purchase a special mount that is extended 2 inches to make the manual tranny bolt onto your automatic mount. I bought mine from hasport. DEFINATELY CHEAPER THAN FINDING SOME SLACK JAWED YOKEL WELDER WHO WILL CHARGE YOU A LOT OF MONEY.

slammedcivic is right, you don't need to have anything welded. i have a 99 ex and did the swap about a year and a 1/2 ago and it was pretty easy. it took a day and a half for me to do it and i had never even worked on my car before except changeing plugs and oil and shit like that. so it's pretty easy.
but as for the mounts. i called a local junckyard and asked for tranny mounts for a 96-99 manual civic which was about $30 and worked just fine. i think they have a website but for the parts you will need to e-amil them to find them because there parts finder isn't the greatest.

the web site is
Used Parts

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Nov 21 2004, 02:21 PM
slammedcivic is right, you don't need to have anything welded. i have a 99 ex and did the swap about a year and a 1/2 ago and it was pretty easy. it took a day and a half for me to do it and i had never even worked on my car before except changeing plugs and oil and shit like that. so it's pretty easy.
but as for the mounts. i called a local junckyard and asked for tranny mounts for a 96-99 manual civic which was about $30 and worked just fine. i think they have a website but for the parts you will need to e-amil them to find them because there parts finder isn't the greatest.

the web site is
Used Parts
[post=420031]Quoted post[/post]​

whats He going to do with the mounts if the automatic tranny mount bracket is sitting upwards...He either needs to cut N weld Or........,, someone here said That Hasport carrys these custom mounts so you dont have to weld it.... For Me It was easier to weld the bracket instead of ordering one....and.....CHEAPER.... :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Estorvito+Nov 27 2004, 08:17 PM-->
jeffsciv23
@Nov 21 2004, 02:21 PM

the web site is
Used Parts
[post=420031]Quoted post[/post]​

whats He going to do with the mounts if the automatic tranny mount bracket is sitting upwards...He either needs to cut N weld Or........,, someone here said That Hasport carrys these custom mounts so you dont have to weld it.... For Me It was easier to weld the bracket instead of ordering one....and.....CHEAPER.... :thumbsup:
[post=423006]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the input prolly just saved me quite a bit of time!!! B)

Back