Automatic Tranny Slipping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dreamweaver3913

'05 Honda Civic DX (VP)

I did have another thread open but this is a different issue and thought I would start a new thread so as not to create confusion. The other thread was regarding a P0122 Code - TPS/Pedal Position - Sensor A - Circuit Low Input. This happened yesterday and I removed the battery cable to clear the code. An interesting thing happened though, after reconnecting the battery (code didn't come back) I took it for a ride and the transmission has never shifted better, smooth and no hesitation. It ran like that all night which was great. Then, this morning, I started it and it runs worse than ever. It is now "surging" into 2nd 3rd and 4th and is slipping on the downshift from 2nd to 1st. I just don't understand why one day it will run beautifully and the next I have the worst ride of my life. Weather hasn't changed much and I always let the car idle for 5-10min before driving. Would the error code be related to this issue at all? Drove it around quite a bit today without the CEL coming back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance! You guys are great!

yes if you are having a tps issue your trany will act funnny because the computer is not sure how hard you are driving the carn and when it should shift

did you mess with any thing else look over your work again and check the fluid level in trans

Unrelated, but letting it idle that long before driving doesn't do it any good. Anywhere from 10 seconds to two minutes is more than enough, even in really cold weather.

Back