1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

autoX pics

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by asmallsol, May 23, 2004.

1. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Decent autoX today. This one wasn't an SCCA event, so it goes buy SO much quicker, plus its half the cost. Anyways heres a few pics. My dad took most of them so there not the best....

[​IMG]
    This was a hard turn. Your coming through this straight (close to top of second) and right before there is a hard right (defent was a first gear turn), there is a slight bend left. Throws the car off balance alot.
    [​IMG]
    Pic of me at a LONG sweeper
    [​IMG]
    DOH damn cones
    [​IMG]
    This really shut my brother up. He always says he's the best driver ever. He was in town so he autoxed in my dads mini. LOL He was SLOW. I beat him by 6 seconds.

On the way home from the autoX, it started POURING. At 45mph, I couldn't see through my windsheild. The entire time, all my car was doing was hydroplaning. My car was just floating all over the place and every few seconds, I lost traction. My speedo was jumping from 45-60 constantly. I got off at the first exit and just sat there for a few minutes for the rain to stop. I DEFENTLY need new tires.

2. MugenCRX

MugenCRX Senior Member

Looks like fun. :thumbsup:

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

4. ahedau

ahedau Senior Member

[​IMG]

go all the way to the cones on the right...where there is rubber already on the "road", brake as late as possible, turn left so you clip the first yellow cone after those six in a row (they're there to pull you into the apex of that corner), keep the car in second and turn back to the right and let the car drift... with that much steering input AND a gear change you probably lost .75-1sec...

1st rule of auto-x...K.I.S.S.

5. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Cool beans I want to take my 350Z out one day to a autoX=)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted