AutoX rules

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

ok i know if you do an engine swap it puts you in a different class

but...

if you put in a engine that the car came with would this put you in different class?

example: Del Sol I have a D16z6, Want B16, Del sol's came with a B16. Would this be a violation?

violation???? not really sure.... but the D16 and B16 del sols are in different classes anyway so you will at the very least be in the harder class

i think you can get away with it if it was an option for that car

but dont quote me on this

1.6L SOHC 125hp vs 1.6L DOHC 160hp

does it really need more explanation????

just like a 00 civic EX and an 00 civic Si are in different classes

any swap that wasn't that ixact chassis's motor is considered a modified car, and thus is in the modified class. good luck.

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jul 16 2004, 11:32 AM
stock 240?

y novice for you. its 4cylinders so you should be in x novice, but they move it up because of the displacement.

you could get strut bars and suspension and compete in DSP :p t

Stock for stock, non b16 sols are in HS. B16 sols are in GS

if you put a b16a3 into a sol, then you can run in DSP. DSP is the same class that a semi moded any sol runs in.

Same thing goes for other cars. One of the "feared" cars in DSP is the RS integra with a GSR engine in them (since any moded integra can run in DSP except for R's (CSP) because the RS is the lightest of the 3rd gens, but only has a b18b. Throw a b18c1 in there, and you have a pretty quick car.

If you put a b18b or something similar into a sol, then your in SM2

Same thing if you swap basicly anything into a crx, SM2 for you.

For non 2 seaters, if you do a swap with an engine that was not an option at that time, lets say a b16 into a EG hatch, then you run in SM (since you orginally came with 4 seats)

Check out the rules for more info.

ive got a 90 crx si w/ a d16a1 dohc zc...seeing how thats an older teg motor...which class would i be registering into? and what kind of competition should i prepare myself for?

my mods:
d16a1 stock motor w/ intake
crx si tranny w/ short shifter
stock exhaust
f/r upper strut bars
f/r lower tie bars
coilovers
gutted interior
8200rpm rev limit ecu (not installed)

Same thing goes for other cars. One of the "feared" cars in DSP is the RS integra with a GSR engine in them (since any moded integra can run in DSP except for R's (CSP) because the RS is the lightest of the 3rd gens, but only has a b18b. Throw a b18c1 in there, and you have a pretty quick car.

I'm in DSP in my lightly modified Z6 civic. Next year they are putting ITR's in DSP. :angry: :angry:

My 1.6L VTEC with 135hp at the flywheel & no LSD is going to be in the same class as an LS Teg w/ a B18c5 swap that HAS an LSD. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm either going back to STS or saying "F-- it!" and put a B18 in the shell I have and race EP. Then I could run a S/C B18 in a 2100LB (added weight per the rules) chassis. I'm thinking it would be pretty damn quick!

That said I just got back from my 3rd SCCA Auto-x Divisional. It looks like I will either come in 1st or 2nd on the year. I am leading the class by one point but the fella I'm beating is prolly gonna make the 4th race. If he makes 1 run each day and comes in last he'll beat me by 1pt. Oh well, 2nd in Divisionals in my 2nd year----I'll take it!!

Back