autox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIRcivic94

Hey guys I was at autox this past weekend. I had the green civic, I am planning to show up alot more. My question is im still not sure about the classes. What class would they put me in with my swap? I know I have to run 3? Events or win the novice class? To get put into any class? :huh:

>brandon

what motor have you swapped into the civic ?? also what other modifications have you done.

they class vehicles kinda weird
dont worry about what class youll be in
just go out and have fun :)

jdm b16,i/h/e,and springs

i know but i like the competition <_<

DSP or Street Modified. Street Modified is tough as far as hardware is concerned, but I've seen DSP class times shorter than Street Mod. In a Street Mod you're about guaranteed to walk away with a plaque, because there aren't many competitors.

CSP and DSP also contain the most FTD drivers.

-> Steve

sounds good to me who is gonna be there may 2nd? or should i say who is gonna be awake ON TIME for may 2nd?
lol sorry b,thanks for the stickers man

if you have suspension, Dmod. if you don't, im not sure.

no prob for the stickers :) I'll have some on me from now on in the 240 i think :) hehe

as for novice- you have to race novice 3 times, or win the novice class, before you race in a "real" class.

ohh, and i don't have that sensor you were looking for. :( sorry

im running fully adjustable suspension, and lowering springs. i also have a bored intake manifold and dsm throttlebody.... im in DSP. fucking sucks cuz im totally out-classed. but then again chip got an extremely competitive time in my car, so im at a loss and i need some track training.

soon, turbo. B)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Apr 21 2004, 11:53 PM
im running fully adjustable suspension, and lowering springs. i also have a bored intake manifold and dsm throttlebody.... im in DSP.
soon, turbo. B)

And a fully stock Honda Insight gave ya some compition..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and he only has 3 tiny cylinders and big batteries.. :blink: ...stock :p

Sorry Chris...I got to rub it in.......

At least ya made it there and ran...thats more than I did :(

Yea, i spun out on the only dry fast lap of the day.

Not this time.

Ill be there for EVERY autocross. even if my car is slow. you can count on it. B)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 21 2004, 05:30 PM
as for novice- you have to race novice 3 times, or win the novice class, before you race in a "real" class.

But runs done at other clubs' events also count. So if you are in a rush for experience, you can just go to Waterbury and get some time in too with the FCSCC group.

My Si is SM class now, so it's time to get the GS-R ready so I can go back to Stock class.

According to SCCA rules, my Civic squeeks in under STS, STS class states a change in steering wheel.

STS puts me in a class I'm honestly not ready to compete in though.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 22 2004, 09:27 AM
According to SCCA rules, my Civic squeeks in under STS, STS class states a change in steering wheel.

STS puts me in a class I'm honestly not ready to compete in though.

-> Steve

Technically...no......

That steering wheel was an aftermarket wheel designed for that specific car's era, made in part with the car's manufacture's sister's company... in this case...Mugen....just consider it an option that you got that no-one else did.

And that wheel only added 10 hp, not much considering what the other people in STS add's to their cars....like turbo's, Superchargers, full dail-in suspension's...etc

steering wheel changes class?

I wonder what class i'll be in this year...
Stock engine civic w/ turbo, upgraded suspension, different steering wheel.

I guess i need to compete in 1 more YN class though... i think i have a chance this year... ;)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Apr 22 2004, 09:41 AM
not much considering what the other people in STS add's to their cars....like turbo's, Superchargers, full dail-in suspension's...etc

Here are the rules:

solo II rules

Don't think you can add turbos or superchargers to cars in STS. STS really falls in between Stock and Street Prepared, with the exception being you can't have r-compound tires. Not sure about the Nittos - you need to read the tire wear limit (I think nothing less than 140 or 150 or something). The Azenis are 200, for example, and a great STS tire.

STS was created because a lot of kids were showing up for their first autocross with a bunch of Stock-illegal mods like CAIs, lowering springs, plus sized wheels, etc., and suddenly found themselved in DSP getting their a$$ handed to them by the Mark Daddio's of the world. They would quickly get frustrated and never come back.

SCCA decided to create a class somewhere inbetween that allowed most of stuff that they had done, with the objective of keeping their interest and hooking them on autocross. And since they figured that few of these guys & gals would have racing rubber, they decided to limit the tires as well, so they could basically race with what they drove up on. In just a couple of years, STS has become the most popular class - at least on the national scene.

Originally posted by number9@Apr 22 2004, 08:42 PM
and suddenly found themselved in DSP getting their a$$ handed to them by the Mark Daddio's of the world. They would quickly get frustrated and never come back.

such truth, but ill always come back. :lol:

Back