Aux Lighting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
On a sol, is there anyway to wire up the fog lights so that they can be turned on when only your parking lights are on?

I would just tap into the stock parking lights, and use them as power and use a grounding location anywhere, so when you turned on the parking lights the aux lights should come on. :D But I am not sure if that would take away from the other lights. :rolleyes:

You want them to go off when you turn on the lights and be able to come on with the parking lights, or always come on with the parking lights?

the best way to do that is with a relay. wire the relay to use your parking light circuit as a switch, and wire the power direct from the battery to the relay. that way, youre not jacking juice from the parking lights, youre just using the parking lights to trigger real battery power to the aux lights. check your library or online for more info on actual wiring of bosch style relays - its too much to go into here. good luck! :thumbsup:

i could have sworn that teamdelsol.com had a how to on this?>?
but i think it'd be cool to just have the aux light switch turn them on/off and not require the headlights. that'd probably be fairly easy.

yeah, the simplest way is to create another circuit with a switch. :spam:

Back