We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Of course it has messages in it. 98% of Hollywood is out of their mind Left wing. I mean we have Woopie Goldberg talking about "rape, rape" and exusing a chimo because he is from Europe. It was still a damn fine movie and the visuals alone should make it worth watching. It is possible that Avatar is this generations Star Wars.

:werd:

That's exactly how I feel about it. Yeah, the liberal hippie crap is there, but it's definitely worth watching just for the visuals. I heard that Cameron is talking sequels already...

I'm talking about the expectation in terms of visual effects. Bullet time and 360 or 180 panning was cool for a bit but has more or less died out. I think that Avatar has more or less solidified some folks desire for 3D in the home. Again I am talking about visuals. There are plenty of films that have come out recently that have much better stories. Take District 9 for example.

They spent their budget on CG so they couldnt get to creative with the writting :)

Unobtainium? Seriously?

They should have gone all out and said the natives had OIL under the tree.

That would have been more believable.

Hmm. I just remembered - in the movie they had obtained a piece of Unobtanium. Perhaps they should re-name their 2154 ad periodic table of elements.

im going to go see it tonight. 2 hours 40 minutes i hope it isnt boring as fuck.

Only the corporate dickhead calls it Unobtainium, and only twice, so it's possible that it was written to be "the corporate dickhead doesn't know what it's called, and doesn't care what it's called, only that it's rare and valuable"

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues - CNN.com

A user named Mike wrote on the fan Web site "Naviblue" that he contemplated suicide after seeing the movie.

"Ever since I went to see Avatar I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

They should have handed out razor blades with the 3D Glasses, it would help thin the herd.

what can be done to encourage people to follow through on these thoughts????

Have CG characters actually made you feel uncomfortable before?

Not really uncomfortable, but Final Fantasy and Beowulf characters, for example, definitely looked unconvincing and even creepy at times. Granted, at other times it was so fluid I would forget they were CGI, but I was weirded out far more than I was convinced.

Last edited:
Back