average 1/4 mile times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Different motors have different numbers, the B18a/b is 199 "max" They come new around 190psi.

ya when i did the test all 4 plugs were out and i unpluged the distributor and wide open throttle and cranked 4-5 strokes. i did not disable the fuel, would that really make a difference?

disabling the fuel is just for safety purposes.

was the engine hot or cold when you did the test? obviously you will have higher numbers when the engine is warmed up. also you can try puttin a little oil in each cyl and see if your numbers go up a lot. if they do then your rings are worn

dont get too dissapointed with the numbers... if all 4 cylinders are between 140-150 your motor is probably still pretty healthy. all gauges read different, maybe yours just reads a little low.

the engine was cold when i did the test. i am used to most domestic vehicles where 140 is a good number, i never expected these honda motors to be close to 200, i just assumed 140-150 was where its supposed to be. but i guess i should do a wet comp test aswell to see how much difference there is

do the numbers with a warm engine....my interest is peaked

Anyone tell me how they disabled the fuel system??? I can't find a fuel pump fuse...is ait a relay? I would like to test mine like you said too. I have always prevented spark and figured the amount of gas in the intake wouldn't hurt for a test.

But I want to hear what someo of you have done to disable the petro

what years your ride? the Relay for the fuel pump should be under the dash on the driver side. Big grey box.

Last edited:
you want a deviation of less than 10% from cylinder to cylinder. Pull your A/C compressor and condensor and P/S pump. Then strip everything behind the rear seats, but if thats not for you and you just want easy horsepower gains then go spray it.

Back