Avoiding Tuning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Base timing should not be at 0; it should be at 16(mark closes to TDC)

That's good. Just keep it there :) I honestly believe you will not have a problem and it should run just fine how it is.

I had a dream about that motor last night.... It was a wet one....... The oil pan hit something and oil every where

6 should be stock(although some motors are 5). I'm guessing those Bosch ones are OE specific also? If so, definitely stick with 6 heat range.

Oh...I forgot to put in my compression test readings.

Starting at the timing belt moving to the dizzy. 190 ish, 185 ish, 183 ish, 188 ish.

I also hooked up my timing light to see where I was. When I brought up the revs from idle the timing went way off. That's normal right?

Compression looks very good.

Yes, the timing will advance if you're revving it up/opening the throttle.

Dude, if you're looking for a tuner in the Seattle/Tacoma area, try SpeedFactory. They do excellent work. If you're willing to drive a little further, Kaizenspeed is also in the area.

:thumbsup: good to hear.

Are you familiar with chipping an ECU or are you sending out or having someone you know do it?

I already have a chipped P06 ECU. I just bought a SST chip with a D16Z6 stock basemap on it so I can just pull the old chip out and pop the new one in and be on my way.

I already have a chipped P06 ECU. I just bought a SST chip with a D16Z6 stock basemap on it so I can just pull the old chip out and pop the new one in and be on my way.
make sure of that, some people are jerks and solder the chips right in instead of putting a socked in place.

This is what I have:

100_2229-1.jpg

100_2222.jpg

Back