AWD Civic...Possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AWDEKDREAM

Was just wondering if anybody has seen, thought of doing, or even heard of making an AWD Civic. Aside from the old AWD wagons, I have been seriously contemplating an AWD Civic. I would at a salvage yard in VA, we rig stuff up all the time...although I know it will take some serious fabrication, I think it is 100% doable. Using a complete CRV drivetrain, and obviously the rear spindles or whatever would be needed, I wouldnt think that it would be to hard...well...it would be hard...but still doable. If anybody has thought of this, or knows anything, and could give a little bit of advice I would greatly appritiate it. I drive a 99 b16 hatch now, and I just bought a 96 hatch for real cheap that I would really like to play with. Money is obviously an object but I do work in a salvage yard so certain parts are real cheap and easily availible.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 7 2004, 11:22 PM
It's been done HERE with great results.
[post=413577]Quoted post[/post]​

mean but true also i am with Nopspawn they did it to a dc in the honda tuning mag.
can it be done yeah lost of work from what i saw in the mag!

I actually saw this done to a honda element of all things. They swapped a K20 in there, boosted it and used the acura MDX all wheel drive package. It was super cool, but I bet it cost more than my parent's X5 4.8is. And that's an all wheel drive 355 hp bmw.

At best it was a 250 hp all wheel drive honda. :shrug2:

Back