Awptickes' Journey to the US and A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm in the FRA airport.

No problems with security.

Here's a picture of the fog:
attachment.php

Attachments

• P261008_08.12.JPG
    P261008_08.12.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 322
The fog is clearing, and now I can see the reminants of the old Rhein-Main Air Base.

attachment.php

Well, that's enough. I'm boarding.

Attachments

• P261008_08.19.JPG
    P261008_08.19.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 335
This thread is super interesting so far. I wanna hear what happens when you hit stateside.

I tried posting when I landed in BWI, but I kept getting this error about how I couldn't post because I had already logged in.

I got here safely, and relatively uneventfully.

When I got to ORD, I had about 20 minutes to clear customs and get my bags checked for the next flight, so I was starting to sweat it, but I made it with plenty of time.

TSA only wanted to see the ziploc bags of pocket change I had in my carry on. I didn't even have to take my plastic bag of medications/liquids out of my backpack.

I got on the flight, sat down, was asked what I was drinking, and began to listen to music. The flight went smoothly.

When I arrived in BWI, I went to get my luggage, and one of the baggage-attendants called out a bunch of peoples' names. I'm thinking, Great, it's probably 'we lost your bags over the great lakes because someone forgot to close the hatch'. She began to speak "Your bags didn't make the flight, but they'll make the next flight in from Chicago. Come with me to fill out a claim."

Oh, cool, not a problem. My bags have been lost so often it's a non-issue. Fill out the form, find out it's only one bag that got lost, walk over to the baggage computer machine with my luggage-check-tag, and make a claim online. No problems. Waited at the caruosel, picked up my bag, of course, it's the small one with none of my clothes in it. The one with the multimeter. Cool.

So I found the USO lounge, which happens to be right next to Baggage claim 14 in BWI, and sat down for a bit. From here I tried to post, and got that "you've already logged in" message.

Waited. Got picked up. Drove around. Found some food that didn't make me want to vomit. Ate. Wanted to vomit. Drove back to the airport. Went into the luggage-claim office, and the people remembered me. There was a guy there who was about to go out and find my luggage for me on the caruosel. Stood there. Waited. Got my bag. Went back outside, threw it in the car, and got in the car.

Let me say something about how you people drive in this country..... I know why you rate vehicles on a 0-60 mph test. Because that's all you do. Everywhere. Doesn't matter if it's a red light, people try to go 60 mph, just to get the holeshot, then have to change lanes, and swerve. Oh, and nobody uses turn signals in the city. Holy crap. I'm scared to get a motorcycle now. Shit, I'm scared to drive. And to top it all off, everyones' headlights are pointed up. Way up. So they can see the signs on the freeway light up. Not cool. </rant>

I'd love to say I'm happy to be here, but you all know how that goes. TV sucks, I've got no car, I'm stuck unpacking shit.

wow... what about your old lady?
5 years and then you have to start a temp life all over just for a year
i guess gov't jobs suck sometimes

Yeah, sometimes they suck.

She's still there, in the University. So in a year I come back. Not a big deal.

i've also had my fair share of trouble at the airports
nothing like a full cavity search, but they always swab all my stuff for explosives, its probably the beard that does it for me
or that cookbook from when i was younger

I always get a fresh haircut before I fly. I always shave that morning.

Probably what got me through security in ORD so easily was the fact that I had my government ID badge and I used that to clear security. Oh yeah, and my "Department Of Homeland Security FEMA" lanyard I put it on just before I went on the trip.

And you're only 20 years old? Shit.

And do you speak any other languages? I have some friends that are positioned in germany and they don't even pick up a couple phrases.

my cousins husband is a seal or ranger, he got stationed in germany and had to learn german
only to be shipped to afghan a short time later

LOL... you would have better luck with some blasting caps in your pocket...

Seriously dude... Ship the Multimeter and other metal containers

And do you speak any other languages? I have some friends that are positioned in germany and they don't even pick up a couple phrases.

Yeah, I'm fluent in german, and french, but I can pass in a couple other languages.

LOL... you would have better luck with some blasting caps in your pocket...

Well, If you didn't notice, I did get through. Nothing got checked. My zip-ties on my bag zippers were still there.

wow, 3 languages

so maybe your letters to the NSA etc worked to get you off the list?

TSA, not NSA. And I'm thinking it did. <3

I'm not [considered] a [potential] terrorist [threat] anymore.

Back