Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Get a bike with more displacement

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • no

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Get the bike and a can of tac bac

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol You could have bought it by now and been riding it all day if you'd just listened to me last night.

Except for the fact that I have to get the stupid US motorcycle license.

It's easy. Worth getting it.

I had a GSX-R 600. I liked it. My next one will be a R1 or GSX-R 750.

the sv650 > than that thing.

and there's aftermarket fairing kits for it that rock

Except for the fact that I have to get the stupid US motorcycle license.
if they pull you over just say "ich komme aus deutschland, mein motorrad kommt aus deutschland, und ich kann aus deutschland motorfahrradden. sorry if that made you stupiderer.

R6 or 636 Ninja gets my vote...You can find a decent used one for right around the same price as the one in the link--and they have farrings...

I don't know how you feel about Kawasaki but they too have a two cylinder 650 in that class and they gave it full fairings similar to the ZX6R stock. A friend of mine bought one new last year and he loves it.

I want to get a bike, but I have no idea where to begin.

I was thinking a 500cc Ninja or a 600cc something or other. Want a light sport bike that handles easily. I've just never ridden and I'm not sure how one goes about learning how to ride before actually purchasing the bike.

Don't get a 600 sport bike unless you like it on bottom, or are gonna trade it for my blast. get a v twin. they put out a lot less than the 4 cylinders.

I had never ridden prior to buying my GSX-R600 and I had no problem learning on it. I wanted something that was'nt too much to learn on but was enough to keep my interest well after I was more experienced. I've never been dissapointed with it.

Don't get a 600 sport bike unless you like it on bottom, or are gonna trade it for my blast. get a v twin. they put out a lot less than the 4 cylinders.

What you tryin to say?!?! lol

I'm just sayin that if you mess up the bike is gonna be riding you.

I want to get a bike, but I have no idea where to begin.

I was thinking a 500cc Ninja or a 600cc something or other. Want a light sport bike that handles easily. I've just never ridden and I'm not sure how one goes about learning how to ride before actually purchasing the bike.
take the rider safety course (often offered at local colleges and such) it is designed for people with no riding experience... pretty much only experience required is the ability to ride and balance a bicycle
you show up with a helmet, pants, jacket, gloves, and boots that cover the ankle
they supply bikes (usually low cc or detuned models)... they teach you the basics of riding, and you get to take the riding portion of the license test with them... then all you need to do is the written test with the DMV (at least thats how it works in CT)

take the rider safety course (often offered at local colleges and such) it is designed for people with no riding experience... pretty much only experience required is the ability to ride and balance a bicycle
you show up with a helmet, pants, jacket, gloves, and boots that cover the ankle
they supply bikes (usually low cc or detuned models)... they teach you the basics of riding, and you get to take the riding portion of the license test with them... then all you need to do is the written test with the DMV (at least thats how it works in CT)

MD as well. It's four half-day classes here.

in PA our riding course is free and when you are done you get your motorcycle license.

Back