awptickes' suzuki toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i LOVE the fit. I totally wanted to get one when i sell the s2k. ive come to my senses since then and determined it'd be better to buy a cash car, but seriously, I <3 the fit.

I wish my GSX-R600 had two headlights. Mine looks like a cyclops gremlin.:(
untitled.jpg
untitled2-1.jpg

Think about it...

Absolutely hate single headlighted sport bikes. I hope suzuki does something about that. Still think the r6 is the best looking one out there.

that suzuki head light pisses me off. wish they would have gone upper and lower light not right and left. makes it look like you've got a bulb out.

Ok, I bought the bike with 1275 miles on it, and now I'm at 1605.....

I took a ride last night up to PA on US 1.

Wow, you wouldn't believe how pissed my mother is at me for buying this thing and parking it in her garage...

that suzuki head light pisses me off. wish they would have gone upper and lower light not right and left. makes it look like you've got a bulb out.

Almost all sport bikes outside of the single light suzuki's have 2 headlights 1 for low beam and both for highs. Don't pick on suzuki =)

Almost all sport bikes outside of the single light suzuki's have 2 headlights 1 for low beam and both for highs. Don't pick on suzuki =)

Like my 1000rr.. 2 separate headlights. One for low beam, both for high.. Everyone always says "you've got a headlight out"...

Yeah, it does indeed look like I have a headlight out, but it gets tired fast.

Gratz on the bike! Now get some gear!

Last edited:
Wow, you wouldn't believe how pissed my mother is at me for buying this thing and parking it in her garage...
Yes I would. But not so much on the garage part, mostly the "my son is going to die" part. I purposely didnt tell her I was getting it.

I've got gear. I've had gear for years. I rode in europe, remember?

I went on a couple rides today. Had lots of fun. Weather was great. I went up to Peach Bottom, then to the Ma and Pa railroad with some other sportsbike guys. My tires are worn from edge to edge. <3

double0si: yeah, she got over it once she realized that it fills an important void in my life. Besides, she lives in DC during the week and is never home anyway.

The SV has two h4/hb2/9003 headlights. It rocks in the night once I adjusted the suspension for my weight, and aimed them properly. I went to pep-boys and bought one of their Osram 4000K lightbulbs for the left, and on the right I've got the stock Phillips 3700K bulb. Hopefully it will be a lot more noticeable when someone looks to see if anyone is coming. We'll see. The headlights on this are akin to the EM Civic. They don't suck, they almost work for nighttime driving.

Yes I would. But not so much on the garage part, mostly the "my son is going to die" part. I purposely didnt tell her I was getting it.
My parents would tell me to get rid of it or kick me out. My best friend, who lives with us, has a CBR 600RR. He went down twice this summer, once requiring surgery, hospital stay, and rehab. My parents say he's technically not their kid so he has a loophole to have one. Half the reason I want to get my own place is so I can get one.

My dad doesn't care. In fact he co-signed for it. We just don't tell her things like me buying a bike or him buying a Chevelle. It just makes things easier.

Yeah, I pay a substantial amount of rent to my parents. And it's not like that side of the garage was being used.

I've since moved out (the whole chicago thing.) So it doesn't matter much anymore. So long as I make my payments. And I do of course.

Back