Awptick's EJ9 D14Z2 Turbo Build Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No like pics of the turbo mounted up and what numbers you make.

I hate to disappoint, but it's really hard to get dyno time here. All of the dynomometers are for emissions testing, so I dunno. I've run on one, but I know they changed management since then. This is why I do street-tunes. I guess autobahn and old airstrip is almost equivalent to dyno tunes. heh.

I'll have plenty of pics, Trust me. The girlie has gotten the hang of the SLR, so she'll be taking pictures tomorrow.

Yep. I'll be put on, and running tomorrow. b00st.

Another note, I got my new tires today. So they'll be going on tomorrow too. <3

I got 85% of everything done.

Tomorrow we're going back to finish the install. My arms and hands just got too tired.

Here are some teasers:

Attachments

• SSC_0027.JPG
    SSC_0027.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 631
  • SSC_0028.JPG
    SSC_0028.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 579
  • SSC_0029.JPG
    SSC_0029.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 808
Nice work man. Keep us updated, and you better post some vids! :thumbsup:

Well, I come with bad news.

Due to the location of the oil-pan bung, there is no way I can get a drain on there. No way in hell.

Add that to the fact that I can't seem to get the charge piping run properly, and that I need my car tomorrow morning at 0600, I'm not going to do it.

We took everything off, and put it back in the rubermaid tub. I'm just going to buy a toy-car that's all rusted and dented up, for the ultimate sleepermobile.

Good run, but I can't do it. :(

If I went through all of what you did, I would MAKE it work. Sucks man.

See, the problem is that I'm moving in less than a month and I drive 100 miles a day just to get to work, so I can't afford to have a car that doesn't work or quits working. That, and I'm a firm believer that if you have a dream about something going wrong that has to do with what you just did, you shouldn't do it.

The girlie has decided that she wants a turbo civic hell or high water, so we're going to buy a 'toy car' soon. Until then the turbo & stuff stays in a rubermaid bin.

I'm going to go to sleep. I feel like I boxed about 10 rounds out of my weight-class and got the crap kicked out of me.

Yeah, you need to get a beater or allow yourself alot more time to work on it.. Be in less of a rush. You can block off that bung and weld in a new one, search online, you can find weldable bungs for like $1.99+shipping. Hell, a local parts house might have it.. probably not, though.

You might take a weekend and mock up the pipes, make sure they are going to go in perfectly, mark em up, take em off.. Do the pan another weekend.. Just dry/test fit everything one component at a time until you know it's all going to fall right into place. Then go do it. Take your time.

You might take a weekend and mock up the pipes, make sure they are going to go in perfectly, mark em up, take em off.. Do the pan another weekend.. Just dry/test fit everything one component at a time until you know it's all going to fall right into place. Then go do it. Take your time.

Exactly.

Man, that sucks everything didn't go smoothly. Thats always how it is, though.

I'd definitely recommend getting a beater (as previously stated) its nice to know that if you don't get something going right away, you can still have something to get you from point A to point B.

Man, that sucks everything didn't go smoothly. Thats always how it is, though.

I'd definitely recommend getting a beater (as previously stated) its nice to know that if you don't get something going right away, you can still have something to get you from point A to point B.

Yeah, the next time I try to turbo a car, I'll have my own garage too. That way I don't have to pay the $24 overnight storage fee.

Yeah man, thats also a big help.

I'm not sure how long my car has been parked, but I'd guess its been well over 7 months. It sucks because I miss driving the car, but I just know that the end product will be worth it.

You going to try and get a place with a shop when you move? Or at least a garage?

Back