axel/hub nut wont budge need help please.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cantbetouched24

Im trying to do an engine swap on my 94 honda civic and taking the trans out . already had problems getting my rims off because the keys to take the special nuts off were stolen so had to break those off ha. now the stupid axel / hub nut will not come off tried using a impact wrench with 180psi . tried using regular wrench and broke that. went and bought a break bar 1/2 inch and broke the head off then went to a 3/4 inch break bar and it started to bend and almost break and the axel nut still will not budge. any ideas would be appreciated .

axle nut

when i swapped my hatch i had the same problem and all i could do was just keep trying sometimes if you tighten it a little and than try loosening it it will finally break loose. I had my dad stepping on the breaker bar to loosen it while i held the brakes and had the e-brake on, you could also try heating it up but be careful not to get it to hot theres a bearing behind it and heat transfers trust me....sometimes it just takes time and effort and patience because once your start your in it for the long haul. good luck!!!

i had the same problem with my old accord. try using a breaker bar and a good sized piece of pipe to get a little more leverage

use liquid wrench on it cover the thing let it sit the take a plumbers pipe wrench and put a two foot pipe on it for leverage. ot should come off like butter

Back away from the pipe wrench.

Your 3/4 breaker bar will handle it just fine. You just need a high quality socket and a bar to slip over the wrench.

If you get a large hammer (3 pounds) and put tention on the nut with the 3/4 breaker bar, then hit the bar solidly with a hammer, it'll usually break free. Although, you run the risk of shattering the breaker bar under tention and getting bits of steel flying around tearing through your soft, tender flesh.

P.S. You did un-bend the detent, right? And you are turning the nut counter clockwise to remove it? (always check the basics)

Back away from the pipe wrench.

Your 3/4 breaker bar will handle it just fine. You just need a high quality socket and a bar to slip over the wrench.

If you get a large hammer (3 pounds) and put tention on the nut with the 3/4 breaker bar, then hit the bar solidly with a hammer, it'll usually break free. Although, you run the risk of shattering the breaker bar under tention and getting bits of steel flying around tearing through your soft, tender flesh.

P.S. You did un-bend the detent, right? And you are turning the nut counter clockwise to remove it? (always check the basics)
+1. I just redid the front end on my accord. I used a 3/4 breaker bar with a pipe on the end while my dad hit with a 3lb sledge

Back