Axels And Shift Linkage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

will the b16a sir1 axels and shift linkage fit into a 90crx si with no modifications? or do i need to go steal them off another car?

You need a modified shiftlinkage (shortened) and a combo of 86-89 axles and 90-93 innner joints,unless you use 90-93 intermediate then you can use 90-93 axles.

I just finished this same swap. You will need a 90-93 teg pass side, and a 87-89 teg drivers side. The JDM linkage you should recieve from the swap will work if you extend both shafts 2.5". Good Luck!

Originally posted by EFtypeR@Mar 2 2003, 01:25 AM
The JDM linkage you should recieve from the swap will work if you extend both shafts 2.5". Good Luck!

I thought is was shortened,since the mount kit lowers the motor and hence it sits closer to the firewall?

do i also need a hasport wiring harness? i'm gonna use the b16 ecu that they send in the package... or is the hasport wiring harness only for if i use my old ecu? and where the hell am i gonna find those axles? do i have to buy them brand new?

and holy shit, i'm reading on the hasport page about the axles, and i gotta do all this conversions and shit, i didnt know the damn axles were gonna be that hard. but if i go for the lsd tranny thats optional at hmotorsonline, what axles do i use then? and modification to them?

Why don't you just buy the HAsport axles for your swap?It is a little more,but you won't have to worry about it.

hasport makes axles? im confused because i dont see it on there website. i know they have shift linkages, but where are the axles?

Originally posted by jeff+Mar 2 2003, 09:08 PM-->
www.raxels.com  they know their shit about making axels.
I got raxles sitting at home,just waiting to be put on hahahahahaha

GSRCRXsi Posted on Mar 2 2003
@ 08:16 PM
hasport makes axles? im confused because i dont see it on there website. i know they have shift linkages, but where are the axles?

I guess they don't,hmmmm...my bad.But they do have the info you need to build the right ones.And like Jeff said you can get Raxles.

I just did a B18A1 swap into my 89 Civic LX 4DR. I used the 90-93 ABS axles and intermediate shaft. they will slide into your stock hubs if you remove the spacer rings. CRX SiR linkage with mounts that are very similar to Hasport mounts. The shifter sits just about in the same place as my stock shifter did.
Hope this helps
Masun

Back