Axels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

I have a B16 SIR II swap. The passenger side axel is fine, but on the driver side there is a shaft that comes out of the tranny, and the axel can't bolt on to it. Is there a connecter piece or some way that they bolt on to each other.

thks Darins

What year car are you doing this in and what year motor are you putting in? Look at these and tell which one you have coming out of your tranny...

s3ec4e6b3bc2c8.jpg

The top is the 92+ civic/crx(delsol) Bseries and the 94+ teg halfshaft, with double male ends. The bottom is the 90-93 teg B series and the DOHC ZC, it has a male on the tranny side and a female on the axle side.

If you have a 92+ civic or 94+ teg motor, this is what you should see coming out of our motor...

s3ec00b935b83d.jpg

I have a 1993 civic ex. and the motor is a JDM and it doesn't say what year. it is like a 1999-2000 SI. But the bottom picture is what it looks like, with the two male ends. but how would the axel bolt on to the half shaft. the axel has the male end on it too. It looks like I need the female half shaft or the female axel if they made one.(i don't think they do) or is the female half shaft on the motor?(i can't see it)
Thanks,
Darin

If you have the same as the bottom picture (halfshaft), that is the 92+ civic/delsol B16A, which is also the 94+ integra axle. If you have two male ends on your axle you have a 90-93 teg or or 89-91 B16A axle. The axle doesn't bolt to the halfshaft, it slides into it.

So, if your axle looks like this...

s3eb80d594bb06.jpg

And your halfshaft looks like this...

s3ec00b935b83d.jpg

Then they sent you the wrong axle. If your halfshaft looks like the one in the first pic, you need to get a 94+ GSR, LS, Delsol DOHC vtec, whatever B series axle.

Back