Axis Wheels...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, truth be told the only reason for upsizing your whells on a civic to 17" or 18" is so you can get the "cool" FnF look. 15" wheels look great on civics, i like mine way better than the 17's i used to have. not only that but the ride quality in my car inproved when i went from a 40 series tire to a 50.

i can't wait for the fucking snow to melt and i can try out my *hopefully* recently completed swap. and i am going to run cheap heavy 205/50/15 falken azenis tires on my cheap weak rota SS and rock some redneck ass.

Ok, so after checkin out the FIA regulations. They're restricted to 13" wheels with an overall diameter of 26" (w/ tires) and 10.5" rotors. Guess they look a lot bigger on tv.
As for the question. Axis wheels are good wheels, most aren't really good for performance. I like this mag-lites which is why I'm buyin once I stop losing my money. They are a 15" wheel with an 11lb weight, if they are strong enough for ferraris they are strong enough for a civic. Definately have more structural integrity then a Rota.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 8 2003, 11:59 PM
spoilers can be functional in ANY race car. sometimes even more benefical in a fwd car where the ass end is lighter.

umm no. the ass end is lighter, putting a wing on it takes weight OFF the front of the car, and we have lift off captain.
and your civic is not a race car. I dont care how built it is. Race cars pull 1.5G's and actually have an undercarriage that is designed to create a vacuum. Not a civic.

umm yes. first, my car isnt a race car, i dont have a spoiler, and i never will. when i say race cars i mean cars like roger foo's civic, the speed vision intergas etc. cars act like big airplane wings, air has more distance to travel over the top of the car than the bottom. at relatively low speeds, air can be modeled as incompressible, so theoretically the streamlines should meet. because they have to meet air has to flow faster over the top than it does underneath. higher velocity means lower pressure. so there is a negative pressure gradient from the bottom of the car to the top, creating lift. the back end is lighter, so it will be affected at lower speed when compared to the front. PERSONALLY, i like weight on all my wheels, especially at high speeds. unless youre traveling at mach speeds, a spoiler or wing wont create enough downforce to take weight off the front. just look at the speed vision teg's, they have spoilers, and i dont think theyre out there for style points.

Foo drives a protege', not a civic :bash:

take the wing off those cars, i bet they still run the same times.

Again you guys are ridiculous. Yes there are benefits for taller sidewall, more flex, more absorbtion of energy, etc... but telling me I don't know how to drive is bullshit. I've got over 400 drag launch passes under my belt at the track. Call Frank at South Florida Performance who runs 11.0's on street tires on 17's and tell him 17's aren't better and that he can't drive. He's tried all sorts of conceivable combinations of rims and tires. He's settled on 17X7.5's and 225/45/17 inch Bridgestones. (Oops my mistake, I know YOURRR street car run's 140mph in the 1/4 mile LOL) I'm going with 17X7.5" Volks with 235/40/17" Advan A032R's. 60 treadwear rating should give plenty of bite.

Pissedoff: That's fine you can bring the lenso's and I'll bring the 15" lenso's with 26X8X15 Goodyears. ;)

BTW: You gotta start your swap before you can finish it before you can come to the track and beat me. Hurry up Fooo!

Originally posted by TripleDigitEK4@Mar 10 2003, 02:37 AM
...I'll bring the 15" lenso's with 26X8X15 Goodyears...

nawh biaach, you gots ta be rollin on dos 17 inchas lik ya said f0000.

Hey come on now. Don't fight. I just wanted honest opinions about the axis wheels. That's all. So can we get back on topic.

Thanks.

Back