Axle issue b18a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red91efhatch

So I finally got the engine in and it started right up!, now i'm working on the hubs, I have a ef STD but the hubs are from an ef crx si. the axles slide right in but when I go to torque the axle nut the axle runs into the hub ring and the wheel will not turn, axles are from a 92 teg. any suggestions?

did you remove the dust seals from the hubs?

97846269fd0.jpg

Your axles are fine and you have the correct hubs so there's no other reason why it shouldn't be working just fine. Is this both sides or just one side? are you using a DA 5spd intermediate shaft?

just pry em out with a flat head screw driver. not difficult at all

I just finished the same swap in my crx. I removed the dust cap and had no trouble getting them in..... I went for a test drive and the car was shaking like crazy, and there was the odd clunk coming from the axles. I went home and checked and it smashed all of the little guide plates on the cv bearings and they were bottoming out it seemed like.

Damn tough luck what axles you using?, I should be able to get a test drive in tonight.

I used axles from a 90 integra. My car is lowered about 1" maybe 1.5". I read that if the car is lowered you should use half of the 89 integra axle, both of my cv joints had broken bearings in them. So I have to do more research before I purchase more axles. Which axles are you using?

Is your car lowered at all. I've read that it will make a difference.

i used 91 integra axles in mine when i put my b16 into my crx it should be the same tranny so it should be the same deal! get the non anti lock brakes axles! there is a diffrence!

no.. there isn't. aside from having the abs ring on there, they both have the same size and dimensions.

I'm using a 91 driver side axle, 94 auto trans abs pass. axle, and 91 manual intermediate shaft, and it works just fine. My cars lowered about 2" i'd say and i can just barely get a finger between the fender and the top of the tire. no grinds, knocks, or otherwise funny sounds.

i have an 89 hatch (lowered) i was having axle problems and still am, first i couldnt put the car in gear without them breaking, i did some looking around and realized that the passenger axle over extended when i lowered the car off of the jack, so i went to the part store looked at a few axles and found that a 92 civic axle matched and it was about an inch longer approx. driver side axle worked great. then i realized, i had a broken motor mount, the nut that threads on (underneath the car) by the inner fender well was completly knarled replaced it now it actually drives, (what a shocker huh:rolleyes:) now i have a squeek every once and a while, could the axle be to long? its mostly at low rpm . any help:mellow: no grinds or clicks by the way

That is weird it almost seemed like the teg axles were too long and the cv bearings were bottoming out in the inner cv joint. The axles I used were also sittin with the boots open for about 5 years, (no rust though). I think I'm just going to buy the hasport axles. Maybe there is another problem since it smashed both axles.

It's gotta be cause its lowered, unfortunately i'm not at that point yet, next is a reaer disc brake conversion then probably lower the car to get a better stance, post up when you find what works for you.

Back