1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

axle keeps poping out..help!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by eg6_sir2, Oct 26, 2008.

1. eg6_sir2

eg6_sir2 New Member

everytime i'm driving and make a turn it makes noises and it feels like the front wheels are gonna come off. i checked everything but nothing was loose. so i'm guessing its the transmission. and its a JDM B16 LSD transmission. when i went to the tracks and ran my axles kept popping out. what is the problem?

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Maybe differential and/or differential bearings took a crap? Also, have you checked the axles to make sure the joints are still good?

3. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Reminds me of right after I swapped my engine and tranny for the D15B. There was always this knocking sound coming from the axels when I turned and it felt like the front right wheel was going to fall off.

So I got really frustrated and took a left turn at 25 mph and ran that fucker into a curb. Haven't had a problem since :D. Other than the scratches on my rim :( but they're old anyway.

The axel probably isn't pushed into the tranny all the way or the spring clip might be screwed.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

you may have the wrong half shaft..

do you have b18 axles? and maybe a b16 half shaft.. if i remember correctly they are different lengths

5. eg6_sir2

eg6_sir2 New Member

i dont think i wanna run my car to the curb. dont want to mess up my rims plus my
    car is dropped pretty low like 1 1/2 inch from the ground. my axle joints are still fine. axle boot still fine.

my motor is a gsr but with the b16 tranny so i know i dont have a b16 half shaft.

the axles feels loose like it would slip out with just a light pull. and when you put them back in and start driving it pops out as soon as you go forward. so i dont know what to do.

6. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

try new axles... new parts never hurt!!! :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted