axle keeps poping out..help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6_sir2

everytime i'm driving and make a turn it makes noises and it feels like the front wheels are gonna come off. i checked everything but nothing was loose. so i'm guessing its the transmission. and its a JDM B16 LSD transmission. when i went to the tracks and ran my axles kept popping out. what is the problem?

Maybe differential and/or differential bearings took a crap? Also, have you checked the axles to make sure the joints are still good?

Reminds me of right after I swapped my engine and tranny for the D15B. There was always this knocking sound coming from the axels when I turned and it felt like the front right wheel was going to fall off.

So I got really frustrated and took a left turn at 25 mph and ran that fucker into a curb. Haven't had a problem since :D. Other than the scratches on my rim :( but they're old anyway.

The axel probably isn't pushed into the tranny all the way or the spring clip might be screwed.

you may have the wrong half shaft..

do you have b18 axles? and maybe a b16 half shaft.. if i remember correctly they are different lengths

i dont think i wanna run my car to the curb. dont want to mess up my rims plus my
car is dropped pretty low like 1 1/2 inch from the ground. my axle joints are still fine. axle boot still fine.

my motor is a gsr but with the b16 tranny so i know i dont have a b16 half shaft.

the axles feels loose like it would slip out with just a light pull. and when you put them back in and start driving it pops out as soon as you go forward. so i dont know what to do.

Back