axle nuts!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Like I said Ive been able to get quite a few with just a big ass wrench, man up and whip up some torque on them bitches.:D

If the car is driveable, just take it to a shop and have it zipped off with a big impact wrench; then just put it back on with just a regular ratchet(doesn't need to be too tight; there's not too much load on that nut) so it'll be easy to take off once you get home.

If you torch em off, You're going to run the risk of warping the spindle (or making it brittle), and you will certainly have to re pack the wheel bearings. If you can drive the car, just take it to a tire shop that does big rigs. Seriously. Bring your 32mm.

i just telling you man i do front end alot at work just remove the spindle with the axle and buy another spindle at a junk yard.Since you replacing the axle anyway and you can get money from the old spindle with the axle connected to it.done it plenty of times before.even if you do have the mother of impact guns you can take the nut off sure but what about the actual axle thats a whole different storie.just some friendly advice, ohh and by the way you might want the axle nut tight so that the frickin axle does not come out when you make turns or stepping on the gas then youll really be fucked,try calling a tow truck in the middle of the night because your axle popped out and you car wont go forward,seen it happen and heard stories about it too.

One big socket. One big breaker bar. One big pipe.

Iv gotten axle nuts off with these three things than our impact gun wouldn't even take off.

Once you get enough leverage on it she will come off... If it dont come you dont have enought leverage. :)

O yes and remember these words you must young jedi " righty tighty lefty loosey" lol :Dhttp://www.songsforteaching.com/garyrosen/rightytightyleftyloosey.htm

Last edited:
1000lb-tq impact wrench>all. You really can't compare a big breaker bar to a strong impact gun. ;) In other words, not all impact wrenches are the same.

Back