1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axle problem

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by TechChris, Mar 13, 2004.

1. TechChris

TechChris Member

Hi

I am swapping a B18C1 in my 94 Civic EX. I purchased new axels. The problem I have is the left side axle, drivers side has a male end and so does the intermediate shaft. Do I have to get a new axle, or can I just get a new end for the axel I have.

Thanks
    Chris

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You bought a 90-93 Integra axle. You should be able to swap it out for the right one if you bought it from a shop. If you really want to you could get the inside joint and swap it, but I wouldn't bother.

3. TechChris

TechChris Member

If you look Hasport site it does show both axles, one with a male end and one with a female end both for 94-01 integras. I did not get this locally so returning it it kind of difficult. Any idea where I could just get the female joint cover?

Chris

4. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

junk yard/pick and pull...

ebay?

auto zone.com?

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

[​IMG]

2 Custom axle shafts for use with the B-Series engine swap with a cable transmission completely assembled with CV joints and boots.

[​IMG]

2 Custom axle shafts for use with the B-Series engine swap completely assembled with CV joints and boots.

The second one is for a hydraulic tranny, in 94 Integras switch from cable to hydraulic, but the Civic switched in 92. When they switched they also switch halfshaft designs.

But yea, like redneck said, you can find them in a pick and pull from any 94+ Integra, 93-97 Del Sol vtec, or 99-00 Si. I would just buy youself a Pepboys driverside 94+ Integra axle, it is cheap, easier, and has a warranty.

6. TechChris

TechChris Member

Ok thanks guys

Chris

7. civic_types

civic_types Senior Member

Or change your intermidiate shaft ........... with a female end, t'was what I did .

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted