Axle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TechChris

Hi

I am swapping a B18C1 in my 94 Civic EX. I purchased new axels. The problem I have is the left side axle, drivers side has a male end and so does the intermediate shaft. Do I have to get a new axle, or can I just get a new end for the axel I have.

Thanks
Chris

You bought a 90-93 Integra axle. You should be able to swap it out for the right one if you bought it from a shop. If you really want to you could get the inside joint and swap it, but I wouldn't bother.

If you look Hasport site it does show both axles, one with a male end and one with a female end both for 94-01 integras. I did not get this locally so returning it it kind of difficult. Any idea where I could just get the female joint cover?

Chris

Originally posted by TechChris@Mar 13 2004, 08:43 PM
If you look Hasport site it does show both axles, one with a male end and one with a female end both for 94-01 integras. I did not get this locally so returning it it kind of difficult. Any idea where I could just get the female joint cover?

Chris

afbaxcomp.jpg

2 Custom axle shafts for use with the B-Series engine swap with a cable transmission completely assembled with CV joints and boots.

eghaxcomp.jpg

2 Custom axle shafts for use with the B-Series engine swap completely assembled with CV joints and boots.

The second one is for a hydraulic tranny, in 94 Integras switch from cable to hydraulic, but the Civic switched in 92. When they switched they also switch halfshaft designs.

But yea, like redneck said, you can find them in a pick and pull from any 94+ Integra, 93-97 Del Sol vtec, or 99-00 Si. I would just buy youself a Pepboys driverside 94+ Integra axle, it is cheap, easier, and has a warranty.

Or change your intermidiate shaft ........... with a female end, t'was what I did .

Back