axle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

i've finally got my engine in and running, all i have left is to hook up my shift linkage and put in one of my axles, but the problem is, the axle thats supposed to go into the drivers side, or the intermediate shaft just wont go in, its the same axles that came in the integra i got the engine from, but no luck, i goes most of the way in then just stops about an inch shy of where it needs to be, i tried movin the ring all around but nothin...and plus i cant get the freakin pin out of my old linkage still in the transmission, what do i use to take it out?

hit the end of the axle with a rubber mallot, your not supposed to but that was what i had to do, i got mad after trying to get it in there for 2 hours.

a punch thats the right size will knock it out or maybe even a screw driver

yeah, sometimes you have to force the axles in to lock them in all the way. for the 'bitch pin', i believe it's a 8mm punch. replace it with a nut/bolt so you won't have to worry about punching it out again ;)

you can also use a small socket to get the pin out

make sure you are hitting it in the correct direction (only comes out one way) and also make sure you don;t use anything that will cause it to mushroom out inside the sleeve, as this will make it damn near impossible to get out

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 2 2004, 11:06 AM
you can also use a small socket to get the pin out

make sure you are hitting it in the correct direction (only comes out one way) and also make sure you don;t use anything that will cause it to mushroom out inside the sleeve, as this will make it damn near impossible to get out
[post=410563]Quoted post[/post]​

ive tried just about everything, theres nothin inside the shaft to stop it and thers nothin on the axle to stop it, it just wont go in, i hit it with a freakin sledge hammer and it still wont go in, i put a piece of wood on the end first tho so it would screw up my threads, still cant get the axles and the pin wont budge, ive tried hittin it with sockets, with drill bits, with screwdrivers, this is the last things i need to have this thing driveable and its pissin me off

Back