axle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jbeck

91 civic hatch with b16a. I got the pass. side axle in without a problem, like 5 minutes. I cant get the drivers side knuckle to get in place, its like the axle is too long. The axle is bottoming out in the tranny and ive taken out the metal rings on the inside of the hub. I cant figure out why i cant get it to drop into the LCA. This all that is stopping me. Anyone with usefull tips please help. Much appreciation.
Justin

91 civic hatch with b16a. I got the pass. side axle in without a problem, like 5 minutes. I cant get the drivers side knuckle to get in place, its like the axle is too long. The axle is bottoming out in the tranny and ive taken out the metal rings on the inside of the hub. I cant figure out why i cant get it to drop into the LCA. This all that is stopping me. Anyone with usefull tips please help. Much appreciation.
Justin
what intermediate shaft do you have?

i have the sir half shaft. ( i believe), came with the swap. The axle fit in the half shaft and the hub. I was told, that if they fit(correct splines) then the lenght will be right for sure.

axels for crx

the swap that you have is the right one but the driver-side is too long, not a prob the axle you have fit the acura integra on the driver side only does not fit right its off by 1/2 to 1inch its ok. go to a junk yard and get the one off the 86-89 integra driver side, only this will fix the prob. this was a prob with mine and have it done now ruuuuuuuuns great.....

the swap that you have is the right one but the driver-side is too long, not a prob the axle you have fit the acura integra on the driver side only does not fit right its off by 1/2 to 1inch its ok. go to a junk yard and get the one off the 86-89 integra driver side, only this will fix the prob. this was a prob with mine and have it done now ruuuuuuuuns great.....
or, you could get 90-93 Integra intermediate shaft and use the 90-93 Integra axle

so even if I have the sir axle with the sir half shaft it wont fit right?

What would you recommend, the 89 axle or the 90 half shaft?

Thanks alot guys, hopefully Ill start it today

Most people go with the 'full' DA axle swap- meaning the 90-93 axles and the half shaft, so I'd go with that first, however, since you already have the SIR halfshaft, and the 89 axle will work, that sounds like a pretty easy thing to get your hands on.

*my $0.02, DON'T get a used axle from the junkyard! Go to Advanced Auto and get a refirbished one, and with your core, it only comes up to like ~$60.

You don't wanna go through all the trouble of installing a used axle off an unknown 18 yr old car and put it in a ride that your gonna beat on.... NOT SMART!

yeah, they wanted 60 bucks for a used axle, its like 66 for a new one with a lifetime guarantee. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Back