axle problems?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im having a hard time finding a half shaft in my area... guess ill have to take a trip to toronto

When you swap a B motor into a EF I think you're supposed to take out the dust rings on the hub. Just a thought.

Also make sure you have both axles and the intermediate shaft from a 90-93 Integra. They all have to match

Last edited:
ya i took out the dust caps but I dont know what the half shaft is from... guess ill have to find one

you only have to remove the rings if your using stock knuckles and hub assembly. i would check your differential. those axle ends are supposed to snap into place when u put them in.

they do snap in the axles seem fine im pretty sure its the half shaft

I have a prelude with a f22 swap from an accord..My axle was binding up too,causing that same noise and problem....Come to find out there was no half shaft , just the cv shaft straight from tranny.....but sounds to me like ur having a axle problem..sounds like u either have to short of an axle, or too long...just cuz it fits,doesnt mean it is right...but i doubt that helped u at all...Keep on tryin though

its cant be the wrong axle...

Its a 1990 crx si with the b16a1 engine with a ys1 tranny so i orderd 1990 integra axles! I have already replaced the axle once because i thought it was screwed but its not the axle. the half shaft moving in and out makes the axles longer or shorter... i think im going to try and get the half shaft out today and see if there is anything wrong with it or if its just not seated in the tranny been to busy to work on it the last few days

id say its too long...i think u should try em1 axles...or at least half shaft. hey prelude guy...how is ur car driveable with no half shaft? i dont see it?

the only thing that i found wrong with that half shaft was that there was one bolt missing on the mount... i dont think it will make much of a different but i put the half shaft back in and got an extra bolt!

but now from all this shit my brand new axle is wrecked! gonna have to see if i can get it on warrenty again and try this all over lol

found a used axle and halfshaft!!! god bless kijiji!!!! haha installed the parts tonight and the car is MINT now its time to figure out why the vtec isnt kickin in! thanx for all the help and ideas everyone!

Back