axle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bluenutz5

i have a h22a in my 95 integra and i broke a damn axle yesterday racin a camaro and now i dont know wat axle to get.....accord shaft and integra boot? or is it the prelude axle? and should i replace both or just rebuild the old one?

swap it out for a whole new axel - rebuilding axels is a pain - i think you should just be able to use the old school 2nd gen integra axels if one is broke replace one unless you think you might have damaged the second one as well! wait for some one else to chime in on what axel it is though this is just what ive heard !

Originally posted by b204dr@Mar 29 2005, 08:33 AM
swap it out for a whole new axel - rebuilding axels is a pain - i think you should just be able to use the old school 2nd gen integra axels if one is broke replace one unless you think you might have damaged the second one as well! wait for some one else to chime in on what axel it is though this is just what ive heard !
[post=480208]Quoted post[/post]​

ive got the same problem -> busted axel in my 94 ex. I have to use the Ex hub/Del sol shaft every time since no other axles for a B16 fit the car.

bc i talked to the shop that did my swap and they said they made custom axles for it and he wouldnt tell me what they consisted of....do any of you know of any performance axles that might fit let me know...thinkin about doin that also!

YOU can get ha sport or gator for proformance - or use old school 2 gen teg axels - thats what the budget people use to drop h22 in civics !

Originally posted by bluenutz5@Mar 29 2005, 01:51 PM
yea im on a budget!!! so old skool integra axles will work? nice! should i replace both or just the one?
[post=480296]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd do both just to be safe.

THATS STUPID USING INTEGRA PARTS ON A H22A MOTOR ARE YOU ASKING FOR AN ACCIDENT MAN. WHAT I WOULD DO IS BUILD YOUR OWN USING A THE INNER PART OF THE AXLE FOR THE PRELUDE AND THE OUTER PART FOR THE INTGRA THATS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST WAY OR YOU COULD BUY THEM FROM HASPORT THOSE ARE USALY YOUR BEST BET THELL HANDLE THE POWER THAT YOUR PUTTING OUT AND LESS LIEKLY TO CAUSE AN ACIDENT.

THANKS STEVE

Whoa 96CIVICLS lay off the caps and take a chill. We all drive hondas cuz we want cheap performance. Your opinions are welcome but calm yourself.

i cannot confirm that old school integra axles will work, and i don't believe i have ever read that they do...

check the drivashaftshop.com or hasport, or raxles, i believe they can all help you out...

i have 95 teg w/ h22 and i am running the prelude/accord inner, and integra outers...

again, i cannot confirm the use of the old school integra axles, i do not believe they will work... so unless b204dr has a h22 swapped teg i would research it further...

you have to be using the prelude intermediate(half shaft) shaft, and you have to use the integra outers so they go with the integra spindles...

THATS STUPID USING INTEGRA PARTS ON A H22A MOTOR ARE YOU ASKING FOR AN ACCIDENT MAN. WHAT I WOULD DO IS BUILD YOUR OWN USING A THE INNER PART OF THE AXLE FOR THE PRELUDE AND THE OUTER PART FOR THE INTGRA THATS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST WAY

wtf? first you say its stupid to use the integra parts w/ an h22 then you suggest using integra outers... a little contradictory don't ya think?

capslock.jpg

USE IT

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 7 2005, 11:54 AM
capslock.jpg

USE IT
[post=484249]Quoted post[/post]​

SORRY IM NOT GETING INTO IT WITH YOU IM JUST TRYING TO HELP HIM OUT SO HE WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS I HAVE THE ARON BONKS BOOK ABOUT ENGINE SWAPS AND THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS HERE JUST WHANNA GIVE INFO TO HELP OTHERS AND ALLSO I NEED INFO MY SLEF SORRY MAN

THANKS STEVE

HAVE THE ARON BONKS BOOK ABOUT ENGINE SWAPS AND THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING

i'm not upset or anything, just wasn't sure which way you were leaning with your answer

so that do you think of the book? it says lude inners with teg outers right?

sorry for seeming rude...

my friend has a h22 eg - should be almost the same for a teg but like this thread states i guess it can depends on which mounts are being used-

interesting... and he used 90-93 teg mids and outers?

IF YOUR USING THE WHOLE INTEGRA AXLE THEN YOU TAKING A CHANCE OF IT BRAKING NOT A GOOD THING JUST THINK YOUR GOING DOWN THE ROAD AND YOU HAVE ABOUT 200 HORSE UNDER THE HOOD YOU STOP AT A RED LIGHT AND WAIT FOR IT TO TURN GREEN WELL LETS SEE YOU HAVE 90-93 INTGRA AXLES NOT MADE TO HOLD MORE THEN WHAT THE HONDA ENGINERS SET THEM FOR. (ASUMING THERE NOT PRO AXLES THEN WHY NOT GET HASPORT ONES) A GUY PULLS NEXT TO YOU INA PUSSTANG AND WANTS TO RACE OK YOU TELL HIM SO YOU BEGIN TO REV THAT 200 HORSES MAN IM GONNA BEET HIM YOU REV IT UP TO ABOUT 5 GRAND AND THE LITE TURNS GREEN AND YOU JUST DUMP THE CLUTCH WHAT DO YOU THINKS GONNA HAPPEN H22 PUTS OUT A LOT MORE TORQUE THEN A REGUALER B SERIES BUT IF YOU CHANGE THE AXLES AND USE THE STOCK ONES FOR THE MOTOR AND JUST USE A PART THAT WILL MAKE IT FIT UP LOT BETTER CHANCES.

THANKS STEVE
NOT TRYING TO PISS ANYBODY OFF

no always must use lude inners like stated recked - 90-93 teg outers - for civics - dont know on newer tegs like his -leangth of the axel-and height of engines positioning will change things alot -

IF YOU READ THE ORIGINAL POST HE HAS A 95 TEG WITHA H22 IN IT SO HE CAN USE THE AXLE PART THAT GOES TO THE HUB OFF OF A 94-01 TEG AND THE PART THAT GOES TO THRANS AND HALFSHAFT OFF OF THE SAME YEAR AS THE LUDE ENGINE.

Back