axle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90b16acivic

hello im doin a b16 swap on a 91 crx si and am usind 90-93 integra axles and the passanger side fits in fine but the drivers side is about 1 -1.5 inches too long how can i over come this problem?
is there a different type of axle i could you or can i get it cut and welded?

CUT AND WELDED!!!! WHAT THE HELL????? I dont think thats possible, But dude you shouldnt be having any problems, Maybe there the wrong axles or maybe there ABS axles, Who knows.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 1 2005, 12:01 PM
yea you defenitly don't want to cut and weld an axle.

YOu most likely have the wrong axle.
[post=493644]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I would normally say cut and weld the shi* but when it comes to axles, i would'nt do it..I dont know,....My .02

yea...I've broken stock axles.

cuttting and welding would completely fuck the shit up and make it VERY weak.

It probably wouldn't be straight either.

But you defenitly did something wrong because these swaps are technically bol in.

wouldnt it be too long if he isnt using the 90-93 intermediate shaft. What intermediate shaft are you using? The stock sir shaft, or is it even a sir motor?

I dont have an EF or an SIR.

I have an EG with an LS-T. I'm using a GSR driver halfshaft, LS pass. halfshaft and gsr intermediate shaft.

Estrovito can comment better than I can. Im pretty sure he has a GSR in an EF.

well the motor is installed correctly and the axles are both 90-93 integra axles but i was just wondering if there is an axle that uses a smaller shaft so i can just use the ends on on it

Not to whore this post or anything but i think i am having a similar problem. I also have the 90-93 integra axles on my b16SiRI swap into an 89 CRX DX. The passenger fits fine but the driver's side seems too long although only by a half inch or so... when i turn the wheel to the lright the boot is very smashed together and when i rotate the wheel while it is turned to the right it is very hard to turn and has an especially hard spot where it causes the wheel to move up and down. Although the boot is not so smashed together when the wheel is straight, i still get a similar problem on a smaller scale. With the wheel turned to the left the problem is almost non existent.

are you sure you have the axle all the way in the int shaft???
it can be a bitch sometimes

Make sure you are running the correct half shaft. You can't use the SiR one with the Teg one. You need to use one from a 90-91 teg (to use the teg axles)

Can i run the stock axle that came with the swap? It is like 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter than the integra one...

Back