axles and brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90siTuner

ok i got a 4g si hatch with a obd0 ls slated for install my question is what are the parts i need to build my own axles (tryin to save money). also i just finished a rear disc conversion and now my brakes rub when drivin downtown but not so much and the highway. the rubbing can get to the piont where if its not at full throttle the will nosedive to a halt. then after stopping with the car off for around five minutes the brakes back off and it drives and brakes fine. i have already replaced one caliper as a check to see if that corner stops rubbing with no luck. could it be because i didnt swap the proportioning valve, master cylinder or booster ( i would have but i found out after the swap that i needed them and by then the donor car was gone (damn this is long my bad) any help would be great thanks

You dont need to build custom axles... use 90-93 Axles...

for the brakes... get the other caliper fixed then find out... try bleeding again... are the ebrake cables too tight causign it to be engaged all the time? check that...

what ebrake cables did you use?

thanks for the axle so i just need the the ones from the donor car? so i can buy the whole axel for it as in like 200 a pair. sick! as for the brake it seems as though all rub so i dont think its the e cables because if that was the case i think it would be just the back not the back and front (i think) and also its been bled 3-4 times in sequence so im pretty sure i got all the air out. would one caliper being worn mess up the whole system? and o yea i used teg ones i didnt think any other ones would work?

pass. rear > driver rear > pass. front > driver front is that the way its supposed to be ? i have to do it the hard way tho i dont have a vac pump

Well thats right... I dont know... is the master cylinder clean? Booster going out? lines crimped?

the master cylinder was and booster were replace at the same time as the conversion (with stock parts though due to lack of research) the lines bieng crimped is what i was thinking too. i might have kinked them while i was replacing my master cylinder. i'll have to check that next thanks man

Back