axles for b16 crx swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jfulton

hi i got avid motor mounts , just wondering what axles i get , out of what car..

also do i need a rear tranny mount or something to go with that motor mount kit

please help

so in addition to the avid mounts and the mounts that come on the b16 , i also need another mount or something < REar motor mount off integra>

thanks

arnt those motor mount kits soppused to be bolt in .
So i guess i should buy 90 93 integra mounts.. Which one all of them ??
are we talking aboput the mount on the engine and tranny , or the ones that bolt to the car

thanks
for the info

i dont understand what your asking?

what was all included with your motor mount kit....

the only stock motor mount that i had to use was the rear mount that i got from acura and it was for a 90-93 integra ls....

ok cool thanks , ill goet one of those

thanks for the help

I believe the splines on the crx hub are the same as the 86-89 integra hub. So you get a set of those axles and you get a set of 90-93 axles and intermediate shaft. You take the outer joints off the 86-89 axles and put them on the 90-93 axles so they match your hubs on one end and match the b16 trans splines on. They are perfect length. Just remember where you got the axles when you have to change the boots in the future.

You will need the dog bone engine mount brace from the back of the motor on the 90- 93 integra. Don't forget the bolts that go in it.

I picked up the 90-93 axles and the intermediate shaft for $100 for the pair so your probably looking at $200 bucks for all the axles. Do not purchase the 86-89 intermediate shaft. You won't need it. B)

Integra mounts will not work when puttin a B series into an EF (88-91 civic/crx). You will however need the rear L bracket from a 90-93 Integra... I have this part PM me if interested. If you have an HF you need to use DX or Si hubs in order to use the 90-93 Integra Axles. You have to by a mount kit, reguardless, along with modifying the shiftlinkages or buying already made ones from hasport.

So, you need this 90-93 Integra rear L Bracket for every brand motor mounts? I purchased some HCP mounts and was under the impression that was all I would need. :blink:

make sure u have the right hubs... the crx si/integra hubs are the only ones that will work with b series axles. No HF hubs--they too small

i have place racing mounts 2 and you need the rear motor mount off of a 90-93 integra like everyone is saying.if you absolutely have to you can use the passenger side motor mount from the same car."at least thats how it is in my 91 hb si.but thats only a temporary thing, say if you some how break a mount.
and the axles i have are just remanufacutred axles from a 92 integra. i auctaull just broke a cv shaft and had them replaced under warrenty.

I was looking at getting the axles that hasport offers mainly because I'm lazy and would like to have new ones anyway. I'm kinda confused though when I look at the two they have one says:

"(EFBAX-Y1)Axles for the 88-91 Civic/CRX with a Y1 intermediate shaft...

Brand new complete custom axles for the B-series swaps with a cable transmission and the Y1 intermediate shaft."

and the other says"

"(EFBAX)Axles for the 88-91 Civic/CRX with the SK7 intermediate shaft...

Complete custom axles for the 88-91 Civic/CRX with a B-series swap and cable transmission, and the SK7 intermediate shaft. "

What I'm confused about is the difference between the two. If I get a swap that's the standard stuff (engine, tranny, comp, etc) is the intermediate shaft included? If so which one is it? How would I know what I need to get?

just order raxles axles......use the 90-93 intermediate shaft or the one that comes with the swap.

word to the wise only use aftermarket parts unless you absolutely have to
stick to OEM if you can they are usually cheaper and more easily accessible

Back