axles for B18A in 91 STD Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bomegaz

I am in the process of swapping a 93 B18A into my 91 STD (base model) Canadian Civic and the right axle (came with the engine so is from 93 teg) is too long by about 2 or 3 inches. Does anyone know if I should be using 89-90 Integra axles or something? Also does the fact that it was made in Canada has any bearing the situation? any and all help is most excellent.

no one knows anything? I read from another place that 88-89 Integra axles are supposed to work but I wanted to double check that source and see if any of you guys had any first hand knowledge about it. so....hopefully someone does

take the axle to the local auto parts store and match it up to a 1991 integra axle. thats what i am using in my 1990 std dx hatch. 91 integra axles L and R and intermediate shaft.

first of all dude, my civic is not a dx.... the STD is the very shitty model 4-speed made for fuel economy freak moms. It is the barest and lowest model of 91 civics. and that has made a difference in different things before so just pointing it out. no worries, a lot of peeps loosely make that mistake. Also, are you running a 93 B18A? or not? do they variate with axles and stuff between the 90-93 years? just need to be as specific as possible so i can get this right.

If your car is a CRX HF or Civic Std (4 speed) you will need Knuckle and hubs from any other model Civic or CRX except the 90-91 Civic EX. If you want to use knuckle and hubs from the 90-91 EX, you will also need the calipers, rotors and brake lines. The EX has larger brakes.

If you have the intermediate shaft from the 90-93 Integra, the 90-93 Integra axles will work with some modification, or new hasport complete axles part # EFBAXCMP, or the EFBAXCMP-Y1

by modding the integra shafts they mean mate SI/DX halfshafts to the teg intermediates

straight from the hasport site. its about halfway down.

HAsport.com

alright, i got the steering knuckles from a dx model already and have those put in. so with these i need to have the mated axles of a dx/si civic and the 93 integra to make them work. since i already have the 93 axles, would it be more costly to buy a pair of cheap civic axles and mate them myself (and how would you do it) or to buy the hasport ones? now im getting somwhere, gracias.

im not sure about how to mate the axles together. my swap came with the original SiR axles (had to spend $200 more for them.) if your not mechanically inclined go to the hybrid honda store, i think the address is hybrid.honda-perf.org. they sell the hasport axles for $380.

Does anyone know how to mate the axles or know of a write up on how to?

yeah, the easiest thing would probably be to buy the hasport axles but in my case i have very little money right now and one of the 93 axles fits already so i really just need the cheapest way to get the driver's side one in and get this car finished up. but if nobody knows how to mate the two axles i might just have to do that. i can't go much longer with this car sitting in the garage. thanks for the help though :worthy:

is there anyone else out there that might know why only one of my integra axles fits(passenger side regardless of what i may have said earlier) and the other one doesnt?(too long) it just doesn't make sense to me. it should work! also, another thing that im unsure about....the intermediate shaft...what exactly is that? is that attached to the engine where the other two axles fit in? just want to know what and where that is when somebody refers to it because otherwise im lost. props to all educating me in these masterful arts.

since nobody seems to know how to mate your axles together. try going to a machine shop and see what they say, they might be able to do it for you a decent price. if you cant get any help there, i would just get the hasport ones.

Back