axles for ls/vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jukedaman06

hey im havin a problem. i have a 92 si hb with an ls/vtec swap. one of my axles messed up so i need help to find out which one to get. i have a b18a1 bottom end and b16 tranny. so i dont know which type of axle i need to replace it. dont know if its 90-93 integra, 94+ integra, b16 axles, or just replacements for the hatch itself. if anyone can help i would apprieciate it.

All the B series axles are the same in the US- the only difference is whether or not they support ABS through a little wheel thingy that the ABS sensor uses to detect lockup. Since you don't have ABS and you're in a 5th gen Si, just get regular Integra B series axles without ABS.

thats cool, but i dont know which b series. i know i have to check out my intermediate shaft to help determine whether i have to use a dc or da axle. is that true?

thats cool, but i dont know which b series. i know i have to check out my intermediate shaft to help determine whether i have to use a dc or da axle. is that true?
I thought they were the same, but don't go by just me.

Calesta already answered your question. You can just go to any parts store and ask for an Integra driveshaft. You probably should say its an LS since I believe all GSRs came with ABS standard.

Calesta already answered your question. You can just go to any parts store and ask for an Integra driveshaft. You probably should say its an LS since I believe all GSRs came with ABS standard.

No, he's saying he dosn't know if he is running 90-93 axels and a 90-93 half shaft. If you are running a 90-93 half shaft you need 90-93 axels and if you are running a 94-01 integra halfshaft then you need 94 and up axels. I don't know how to tell the difference tho.

haha yeah thats the problem im having too. i believe that i need b16 (thats what some keep sayin), but then again you guys and others are saying that 94+ ls can work. but i might just take them off and then go over to AAP and match them up.

Hey guys thanks alot for the info. i found out that it was a 94+ axle. to you all who told me thanks. i finally got them on today and it sounds great! now my next thing to fix is the rotors lol.

Back