axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

danacixem

hey im new to the board, but anyway, im looking for a b16 for my crx and i was looking on hmotorsonline. i saw a complete change over for like 1500 with axles. will those axles be what i need for the engine swap or will i need to get different axles??? cuz they sell the swap without axles for like 1300.

thanx in advance

frankie

if it is B16A from 88-91 SIR-I, then yes, the axles that come with the swap will work - you still need mount kit and shift linkage

Originally posted by danacixem@Aug 18 2003, 12:01 AM
hey im new to the board, but anyway, im looking for a b16 for my crx and i was looking on hmotorsonline. i saw a complete change over for like 1500 with axles. will those axles be what i need for the engine swap or will i need to get different axles??? cuz they sell the swap without axles for like 1300.

thanx in advance

frankie

asdfwa

thanx, i already have the motor mounts installed and the swap package says it also comes with the shift linkage but it has a little star next to it, will that work too, or do i need a different one?? and how do i come accross i wiring harness cuz i currently dont have one. i bought the crx without a motor and tranny for only $550.

You will need to modify your harness, provided it is all ready fuel injected it won't be hard, but if not you need to convert to MPGFI first, then run a sub harness for vtec, knock, whatever. The linkage may need modification due to the aftermarket mounts placing the motor in a slightly different place.

Originally posted by danacixem@Aug 18 2003, 08:12 AM
thanx, i already have the motor mounts installed and the swap package says it also comes with the shift linkage but it has a little star next to it, will that work too, or do i need a different one?? and how do i come accross i wiring harness cuz i currently dont have one. i bought the crx without a motor and tranny for only $550.

those little stars (or asterisks) indicate that those items do not come with the swap, but are available for additional cost (read down below) - yes, you will need different shift linkage - what mounts do you have? go to salvage yard and get harness for the same model as your car - Si, DX or HF - and then modify it as required

im not sure what mounts i have, i know theyre not hasport, but i jus know that the guy that had it before me installed them bak in '98 so i dunno what kind they could be. what kind of shift linkage do i need to use??

Back