axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

i can't get my axles off can anyone help me with this it is so freaking hard i bought an axle puller i both the 32 mm socket i need and it will not move HELP ME PLEASE

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Jul 29 2004, 04:52 PM
i can't get my axles off can anyone help me with this it is so freaking hard i bought an axle puller i both the 32 mm socket i need and it will not move HELP ME PLEASE
[post=369963]Quoted post[/post]​

read over your post and try again.

:speak english:

id say, find the nearest gym
pay for a month,
lift every day,
then get a crowbar or a long screwdriver that i like to use and man up :no emitocon to show dude who is jacked:

lol ok kool i see how it is just know this i am 240 pounds and i could bench you, but i can get the bolt on the axle to come out any advise?

yes, drive it over to a shop and have them use the air compressor tools on it, then tighten them back some and go back home.

you cant get the 32 mm nut off..?? hmm..

take off the wheel..
knock out the fastener.. put a dookie on..
then put the 32mm socket on it and use a breaker bar.. =)

with the axle it self.. i used the pryer side of a hammer.. =)

easy way to do it.

Unstake
Pop center cap off wheel
Put wheel on
Lower car
place breaker bar on the bolt (and cheater bar if you have one) at just passed then 3 oclock (thats if your on the driver side)
Get a floor jack, and use the cars weight to push on the breaker bar (may need to hold brakes)

If it doesn't come off, your have problems

Remember phsyics. Trq = radius x Force. you can apply 100lbs let say, and you have a 1 ft breaker bar. Your only applying 100 ftlbs to that bolt, Now lets say you have a 10ft breaker bar with cheater bar, and you apply the same 100lb force. Your now applying 1,000 ftlbs to that nut.

yeah but sometimes you just have to take it to someone who has more powerful tools than yourself..........

yeah i got it off i took my air compressor and jacked it up to 120 psi and two one min to get off thanks guys for all the help

Back