Axle'suspension Problem On 93cx B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RandomTask76

Just swapped a b16 into my buddy's 93 cx hatch and there's some kind of suspension/axle problem. Whenever I turn the car about 45 degrees either direction (worse when turning right) the car makes a sort of clicking noise and seems to lift and drop slightly like something is out of round. It also kind of seems like it's dragging until i get the wheel straighter, when it becomes fine. I put 94+ gsr knuckles, axles, and brakes (rotors, calpers, and pads) on it when i did the swap. The one thing that is not 94+ GSR is the passenger side axle, which is 90-93 teg, because i got for free for him off my lifetime warranty and i heard it was the same axle. I know the clicking is not the cv's because they're brand new, everything is, except the hubs and calipers. I also know the axles are all the way in because there's no MTF leak at all. Could the 90-93 axle just be the wrong length? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance guys.

Bearings,maybe if it isn't your CVJ,Iguess you used a 94+ GSR drivers side axle correct?I believe the 90-93 axles are too short,I was using a 1st gen B16 axle and it was pulled so tight there was no play and the joints pretty much exploded.

Thanks for the reply 92b. Yeah I did use a 94+ gsr axle on the driver side cuz I knew there was no way a 90-93 would work on that one cuz the intermediate shaft connection is way different. I think you're right about the 90-93 axle being my problem, I'm about to go change that out right now if autozone has that axle in stock. Thanks again, i'll let you know how it goes.

yeah, i had the same problem way back in the day when i had someone do my first swap, i changed out the axles a month after the swap with GSR ones and it was fine,

Milan

Hey guys I just switched out that 90-93 axle for a 94+ one and, no dice. Problem's still there. Actually, now when I drive it I notice that it shakes and hops just as bad when I turn the wheel to the left, plus, it only does it when the car's in gear and the clutch isn't engaged. This makes me think tranny (which is LSD), which is not good. Any one have any ideas? (hopefully not involving the tranny). Thanks in advance.

Give your motor mounts a good going over,Check all your connections under there,better to do it with the car on the ground,so there is not the tension from suspension hanging,ball joints,bushings,damper forks,etc...look for something that is loose or not hook up right,make sure the axles have some play,but aren't loose.Then if it all looks right lift it up and check it again.

Back