1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B!6A Build Up

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by B16a_Beast, Sep 5, 2003.

1. B16a_Beast

B16a_Beast Junior Member

Hello People, I was just wondering If anyone had any suggestions on parts I should get for my car. I have a 91 CRX DX with a weak @ss motor and I need to replace it quick. Thats why a I got a b16a (1st gen) and Im trying to build it up. I need some help on finding a cam to fit my particular Application. Maybe someone can offer some assistance on where I can get one for a reasonable price with turbo specs. I also need Valvetrain components such as dual valve springs and retainers. Any help would be appreciated.

So far here are the Parts I have:

*B16a1 w/cable tranny
    *Nuformz blockguard
    *Custom Turbo Manifold
    *t3/t4 hybrid turbo
    *turbonetics 35mm wastegate
    *AEM Adjustable Cam Gears
    *Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley
    *31 x 6 x 3 intercooler
    *Benen Industries Fuel Rail
    *Custom JG intake Manifold
    *81mm JE Pistons
    *Eagle Connecting Rods
    *ClutchMaster Stage 3 clutch
    *MSD SCI Ignition
    *DSM 450cc injectors

Im barely starting my buildup so I would appreciate some tech help as well. Drop me a line if anyone has any suggestions. :D

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if you arleady have some of those, sell some.

in my opinion,
    dont use the:

blockgaurd
    aem cam gears
    UR pulley
    msd sci

chances are, you are better off with out the block guard. they don't really help.
    aem cam gears have been known to slip due to their 3 bolt design. i recommend toda's 4 bolt, or at least skunk2's 6 bolt.
    after market crank pulleys are not harmonically balanced. don't take off the stock one, unless you plan to re-balance the entire rotating assembly once the pully is on.
    the msd ignition is really worthless. the stock honda ignition is very very good.
    if you've already bought them- be that as it may, and its your decision on what you do in the long run.

as for the cam, don't bother. run the stock b16, or get some 94+ gsr cams. they go right in to your stock head- and i've seen 600+ whp out of stock gsr cams. use your turbo, not your motor. you also don't need any valve springs either. thats for all motor doods.

since you have DSM 'jectors listed, i suggest you go with the VAFC hack fuel management approach. http://www.thedropshop.tv/vafc.html has more info on that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted