B-7 = ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, im doing all this without any type of gym equipment, so i'm coming up with some unique ways to do work outs.

tonight i did shoulders and bi's.

i propped my feet up on the back of my couch, and did some handstand-style pushups.

for curls, i stacked a shit load of magazines in a plastic milk crate.

I wanted to go for a run after work, but its pouring rain out.

so i went up and down my stairs like 30 times. and did some toe raises off the bottom step.

food eaten today:

breakfast: water.
lunch: white rice, spring roll, cup of hot/sour soup
dinner: plate of pasta and sauce.

and before everyone goes on this whole no carb thing... it's a bunch of BS. Atkins can eat my ass. i weighed 180lbs eating nothing but carbs for years.

but i failed on smoking :cry: had about 4 tonight after dinner... i was flippin' :cry:

tomorrow is a new day.

All you need B is a cute little Asian GF, one that will be willing to be a room-mate, cook and clean for you, and humps your bones till you marry her. Making love will burn off those caleries faster than hell, the food will be healthy as heaven, and the sex...well...I wont go there... :wink: but you will still have to smoke a little...hehe

I was so skinny and goodlooking until the marrage...so I know that route works.... :laugh:

Yeah...Then once you married her, you developed your plumbers crack... :p

Good luck B... Go buy yourself an exercise ball... $20 at Walmart, GREAT for crunches, pushups, and all kinds of exercises.

Very true on the exercise ball! Great for doing dumbbell bench press on because you have to use all your stabilization muscles as well as the chest muscles.

Very true on the exercise ball! Great for doing dumbbell bench press on because you have to use all your stabilization muscles as well as the chest muscles.

are you guys trying to kill him?
i could only imagine the tragedies that would occur with B + a huge ball...

for curls, i stacked a shit load of magazines in a plastic milk crate.
why didn't you do pullups?

and the pushups
put your feet on the couch and a chair under each arm...
that works too

pullups? with what bar?

that, and i don't think i've ever successfully done a ingle pull up in my life.

how many door frames do you have in your house?
but i understand the "unsuccessful" thing...
it might take some time to get to that point...

i'm just trying to think of more exercises to do without equipment...

you should look into the "slip weighted" dumbbells
you can add and remove weight as you progress, great for all sorts of routines...
and you only have to buy one set...
i think they're about 4 bills, or they were 400 about 4 years ago
lol

pull up bars cost about 10-15 bucks from Dicks. even if you cant do i, later as you make progress in your exercise and lose more weight, doing them will become somewhat easier. In highschool i couldnt do more than 1, my roommate bought one and i use it about every other day at random, but i've gotten up to 6 now!!! hahaa

snack a few times a day, keep your metabolism working. buy oranges, apples, bananas, peaches whatever.. take a few to work and eat one every few hours. and when exercising, try and eat enough, eat normally, because if you are depriving your body of food then exercising and using your muscles, your muscles have nothing to build off of and your body actually thinks youre trying to starve it, so it holds on to the fat and calories longer and makes it harder for you to burn them.

eating less isnt the answer, eating better is.

B you want to eat. worst thing you can do is not eat breakfast.

Just remember. if your body doesnt get enough carbs, cals, protein, fat... your body will go into a safe mode and will burn muscle off before fat. sure youll lose weight but not the right kind.

get up and eat some eggs damnit.

Quoted post[/post]]
Congrats! Fitness is addictive. If you're running it isn't about the pace, its more about the length of your run. Jogging slowly for 45 minutes will burn a lot more calories than a spirited 20 minute run. Try to be as active as possible and keep your heart rate up. Eat a bunch of small healthy meals and try not to eat late at night. Be sure you eat breakfast. HT has a pretty good health/fitness section now with a lot of good info. If you've got any questions shoot me a IM/PM anytime :thumbsup:

I'm not going to go out of my way to be argumentative here but this isn't entirely true.

Walking is more efficient at burning calories, it doesn't mean that the net calories burned will be greater than running.

The principle of intensity applies here.

Also the effects of cardio peak at around 40 minutes and you only gain marginal benefits after that point. Those marginal benefits are important to athletes and olympians but not necessarily to the average person. After an hour of cardio, the benefits actually begin to diminish and the effects begin to regress because now you're not just tapping into your carbohydrate and fat stores, but also your protein stores which is not the most ideal thing.

My tips for the dieters out there would be;

Eat many small meals, it will boost your metabolism and give your body energy when it needs it - rather than just storing calories which is not efficient.

If you're trying to gain weight, still eat 6+ meals but increase the caloric intake during each meal. The opposite is true for those trying to lose weight, 6+ meals but a low caloric intake.

Exercise atleast 3 days a week or benefits are virtually null and void as proven by studies in the early 90's.

Vary your exercises.

Eat a vast array of foods that are healthy and that you enjoy, or else your diet won't be successful.

*********Go at a pace that you can handle and nothing too extreme, or it will simply become a short term diet rather than the healthy lifestyle it should be.
People look at the stuff I eat and heckle me about the foods I eat, asking me if I'm on a diet. "You're on a diet!" "Why do you eat that shit!?" I eat it because I enjoy it, not because of my diet. My diet is based around what I enjoy.

My advice to Brian specifically;

Start eating something. For someone your size, you're eating way too few calories. You're body is going to start going into a state of ketosis - breaking down its protein which is found in your lean body mass (lean body mass consumes 90% of total expended calories throughout a day, so its vital to your metabolism.) ...and your body is going to start storing fat rather than losing it.

Quoted post[/post]]
pullups? with what bar?

that, and i don't think i've ever successfully done a ingle pull up in my life.

Pullups are one of the single best body weight exercises you can. It incorporates the second largest group of muscles in your body behind your lower body.

Even if you can't do one, try until you can do one. Try and try again. You'll really get more out of the pullups than the pushups or anything else.

Quoted post[/post]]
All you need B is a cute little Asian GF, one that will be willing to be a room-mate, cook and clean for you, and humps your bones till you marry her. Making love will burn off those caleries faster than hell, the food will be healthy as heaven, and the sex...well...I wont go there... :wink: but you will still have to smoke a little...hehe

I was so skinny and goodlooking until the marrage...so I know that route works.... :laugh:
sex must be whats keeping me in shape. ive done nothing but 12 ounce curls and the random intramural sport all semester and my abs actually got a little tighter.

ive also noticed that anytime someone says there trying to work out a little bit and eat healthier, people also tell them how to rearrange their lives so that they will be ripped and full of energy. i think he just wanted to be a little healthier, not a health freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back