B-Series Blocks...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

Last week I walked out on my parts driver job... (Chevrolet....) HAHAHA bunch of a$$e$... (8.50/hr... plz) dont fret im getting a forklift job soon (13+/hr) .. anyways
I was talking to this guy on my parts run trying to tell me all this mish-mash about LS/vtec and swappin and stuff .. he sorta knows what hes talking about.. he says he can swap in a LS in like 6 hours. Also says that the LS block is much stronger than any other b-series and this is why I should choose it... does he mean since it has more torque that that sleeves are bigger and the torque = strengh? Kinda makes sense. anyways im seriously considering LS motor- no VTEC.. just a PnP , crower cams (or custom grind) and springs and retainers. I think that would be fast for my 2200 lb whip. Lots of people say b16 SiR II is a great way to go too. But I was relatively disapointed in my friends 99 Si.. I guess thats heavier than my car and its the USDM version but tell me what up PeasE

Well, what kind of "whip" you got? A B16A in a 5th gen CX or VX is a lot more impressive than it is in a 99-00 Si.

the ls block is the second shittiest b-series block there is. the b20b/z being the worst due to its sleeve design.

over the ls,
the gsr/itr/ctr blocks all have a block girdle
the gsr/itr/ctr/b17a/b16a blocks all have oil squirters

all b-series have an 81mm bore, except the crv blocks (b20b/z) which have an 84mm bore
stroke varies, and that is the biggest factor in the displacement.
the 1.6/1.7L's have a pyhiscally shorter deck height than the 1.8/2.0L counterparts, except the ctr, which has the same deck height of a 1.8L

confused yet? :p

anyway, the LS can be made pretty quick for cheap.
check out the article i posted in the articles forum, called "building an all motor ls" as i reviewed the build-up my buddy wildbill did in his hatch.
the car was pretty quick. mid 14s on street tires at 1000' above sea level, untuned, stock header and air box...

my Whip is a 95 red civic dx coupe Stock except for my ultra-fast 99 civic Si shift knob. Maybe I will go b16... im sooo torn between b16 and ls. dammit.

Back