B series cable trannys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88HB4speed

I've decided to do a b18 non v tec swap in my 88HB and am wondering what b series trannys are out there that are cable clutch, what they go for, and what codes they have, i hear like y80 and s80 but have nbo idea whats what lol, someone please let me know

just need to know what junkyard cars im looking for to have the best possible ratios and maybe a LSD for my swap thanks

i know i dont mean to get pissed, its just that i actually fpnd tat table which is awesome casue it has the stuf there but it doesnt tell me what year cars those trannys came from and if they were pre 91 and a cable operated clutch or not, dont mean to make anyone mad, just figuring half the guys on her got that table shit memorized in there head with even more useful info and if i can pick ther brains about opinions its better than the facts i can read and guess. A Honda life is all new to me, ive been a BMW guy forever and made fun of you guys but rode in a ls vtec gen 5 civic swap and am ready for some serious respect now. PLus this is way cheaper to =)

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29796

here you go

b series trans info...

B17A1 (Cable):
YS1

This transmission is found on the rare "blacksheep" of b-series motors. The most important feature here is that its cable-type. This means you can bolt this into any 93 and older integra and 91 and older civic without having to change to hydraulic. The synchro's on this transmission are still considered weak, however the gearing is very good for all motor applications as its identical to the B16A transmissions. Finally, this transmission did not have factory LSD, so keep that in mind when someone is trying to tell you otherwise. Look to pay between 400-600 dollars for this transmission, although its going to be difficult to find and usually when you do, there is something wrong with it.

B18A1 (Cable):
YS1

Again, you'll see how Honda didn't help us out any with the stamping on this transmission. These transmissions however, are much different in there gearing. This transmission has a longer first and second gear with slightly longer 3rd and 4th gears. The final drive is still 4.40:1 making this a possibility for all motor applications, but not your best choice. You'll be able to find this transmission in 90-93 Integra's and they're all cable-type. The prices for these should range between 200-400 for clean, good working units. Paying anymore is pointless, as these transmissions are everywhere.

i still think your cheapest option is to get an integra hit in the rear...

and just so you know hasport makes a conversion for cable to hydro, so you can use a hydro integra if the price is right...

and i still think you need to go to hasport.com and look at the instructions for this swap dude....

this is a pretty serious swap, you need to cut shit, bang shit with a BFH...
just a lot of little details that make it tricky...
do all the research before you decide...

The only B series calbe trannies to have LSD are the JDM YS1, S1 and J1 from 88-91 Civic SiR's and 89-92 Integra XSi's. They should go for like $400-$600... call hmotorsonline.com. When you go to put these trannies in your car you'll need a clutch, get the clutch that matches the year of the trans... for an integra

Thanks you guys so much that is exactly what i needed to know, i promise to search longer before i post next time, and i got a BFH called orange heavy that should do the trick lol, plus i like the idea of a little more displacement since my turbo form the BMW is kinda big-- reckedracing. Thanks again guys, Dom

Back