B series header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

90crxb18

ok just one quick question. B series headers? are they universal B20/B18/B16??

yes as far as them bolting up to thr head. the collector side will be different depending on if it was made for a USDM model or JDM.

matt

NO NO NO NO NO

a B16 header will NOT bolt up to a B18

however a B18A/B will bolt up to a B18C or B16B

the block on the B16A is physically 8mm shorter than ALL other Bseries. so a B16 header will not bolt up to any other Bseries motors, and any B18 header will not bolt up to a B16.

The B17 has the same weird deck-height issue as the B16A as well.

Sure, but i bet there's an extra 8mm between your oil pan and header. The main issue here is that the B16A/B17 header will not clear B18A/B/C B20 or B16B.

You guys are ALL wrong. Well, brc80 is right. :)

I had a DC B16 header on my B20, and it fit just fine. I sold it to GSRCRXsi, and he couldn't get it to fit on his GSR... we came to the conclusion that the deeper oil pan on the GSR (and probably the ITR as well) from the girdle was causing the header to hit the pan.

So... at least in the case of DC headers, a B16 header will fit on a B18A/B as well as a B20, but not on a B18C or any other B block that has a stock girdle on it, or is for some other reason running a GSR oil pan.

Ultimately, you should check with the header manufacturer to see if a particular model will fit your engine. Every manufacturer can be a little different with how they make the header, so you'll want to verify it yourself.

Ok, so how do you explain the B16 header working on the B18A/B and the B20B/Z even though their deck height is the same as the B18C?

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 9 2004, 05:28 PM
Ok, so how do you explain the B16 header working on the B18A/B and the B20B/Z even though their deck height is the same as the B18C?

schooled...btw i have run a ctr header on all the applications Cal listed testing them against Elite Custom Headers (manufacturs of Erik Racing and Bisi moto custom headers etc...)

Yup. The B16B uses the taller deck height B18C block with the girdle, so its header will work on any of the B series engines.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Mar 8 2004, 08:11 PM
NO NO NO NO NO

the block on the B16A is physically 8mm shorter than ALL other Bseries. so a B16 header will not bolt up to any other Bseries motors, and any B18 header will not bolt up to a B16.

I disagree I am running my b16a headr on a b16a gen1 motor with no probs.

Originally posted by MONKEYTUNER+Mar 10 2004, 10:32 AM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Mar 8 2004, 08:11 PM
NO NO NO NO NO

I disagree I am running my b16a headr on a b16a gen1 motor with no probs.

what? you're running a b16 header on a b16 engine and it fits... no shit?

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Mar 8 2004, 08:11 PM
NO NO NO NO NO

yah you are sure wrong with that my header i got came off of a B18 and it bolted up to my b16 just fine! i just put it on last week!

Originally posted by 90crxb18@Mar 17 2004, 04:45 PM
the block on the B16A is physically 8mm shorter than ALL other Bseries.

ok so i should have an extra 8mm if i take the one off my b18 an put it on my b16

that is somewhat correct... still depends on the oil pan. but i think it would be safe to say that any b18/b16b header should have no problems fitting on a b16a.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back